Florida trying to be like California......

NEW! If it won't quite fit elsewhere, maybe it will fit here!!!!
Strictly at the mercy of the Administrators (could be moved)
ffuries

Florida trying to be like California......

Post by ffuries »

IF SB370 passes, Florida will be the new California, we'll go from Gunshine State to Gunhate State. Hoping this Bill loses traction, but it seems to be the sign of the times. Already sent a letter to my Senator and Congressman for whatever good it will do.

Looks like I need to start looking at different states to possibly move to.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Florida trying to be like California......

Post by millman »

I cannot imagine that has a hope in Hell in FLA. Our Dem friends are writing their wet dream wish lists right now. Should something like this pass. I am guessing compliance would be about 2%.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello,
What millman said...... it's still a red run/controlled state for now. But, time will tell.
Kamala, and Bozo Joes new "AG" would like too make "every state" a reflection of "Their shit house" they've built in California big cities. I'm not only talking firearms, my friends....It's an progressive lead state for sure.
Hold on folks, the show is about to begin(one day and counting) and, it's going too give you nightmares...
Last edited by boltaction on Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

ffuries wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:33 pm IF SB370 passes, Florida will be the new California, we'll go from Gunshine State to Gunhate State. Hoping this Bill loses traction, but it seems to be the sign of the times. Already sent a letter to my Senator and Congressman for whatever good it will do.

Florida's population just handed Trump a big win,
we have a Republican governor, both houses of our congress are Republican, the State Courts are very conservative. I see no reason to be overly concerned
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

I saw a video about this. The bill is a treasure trove of everything the left desires (but were afraid to divulge). This just goes to show you how brain damaged these people are. But, hey... Newsom has nothing over this guy Farmer... That said, he's listed just about every semi auto rifle and pistol out there as being banned. At least the guy does his homework... I thought that Florida was solidly Republican and there was nothing to worry about. It's like some people were panicking that this had the chance of passing or even making it to committee...
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello,
I would rather call him "Gavlin", myself.
It kinda, reminds me of the old cartoon show "the Chipmunks"...."Alvin"!!!!. In that tone.. He is a joke.
Like other have said, your firearms rights are safe for now in Fl., concerning this proposed "State Bill". But, we do have some screwed up firearm regulations and laws here. That's for sure.
Dolk, Jim, others and I have been "dealing" with this BS gun control(which ain't working)for some time now. Yet, We still have our firearms and ammo. Just, a bunch of hoops too jump through....Shit, it's easier for some one to buy pot in this State. Than, too buy ammo, without showing your "approved" paperwork....
I'm not talking politics just Cal gun laws and what name, I use for the head jester here....
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Hasn't even been sent to the subcommittee yet.... DOA this session. But if they get a majority in the future? Damn...
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

I would remind everyone to keep your comments on Politics narrow and to firearms.
And not judgements on any political party or figure.

Politics or party politics are not allowed on these forums unless kept to a narrow subject relating to firearms ONLY.

Sarcastic name calling of political figures is not allowed.
Respect from both sides is required here on the forums.
There are plenty of "forums" on the Internet where you can go to vent your frustrations.
This is a firearms based forum.

Please respect this request of the rules of these forums.

Darryl Boyd (Dolk)
Co-Owner
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello,
Opps, Sorry about the "Bozo" and "Galvin" comments...
That was pretty unfair too the Chipmunks, wasn't it. :whistle:
It won't happen again, Dolk.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

boltaction wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:42 am Kamala, and Bozo Joes new "AG" would like too make "every state" a reflection of "Their shit house" they've built in California big cities.
Lets not forget the above.

Remember, although I don't agree with their policies on firearms, I live in California (for now) and respect their offices.
No, I don't have to respect their opinions, but if it is not firearms related, I don't post it here.

I also take this personal when you say California is a "shit house. It "may be" in a very few areas, but 99% of this State is not. Some of the cities are messed up for sure. BUT, it is not firearms related and has no place here. So I will not expand on that subject.

See how easy it is? ;mywink;

Darryl
Lavitias

Post by Lavitias »

ffuries wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:33 pm IF SB370 passes, Florida will be the new California, we'll go from Gunshine State to Gunhate State. Hoping this Bill loses traction, but it seems to be the sign of the times. Already sent a letter to my Senator and Congressman for whatever good it will do.

We'll welcome you up here in Ohio. Even for all of our governors threats of red flag laws and to veto a stand your ground bill. When push came to shove he signed the bill into law. Open carry is also legal up here with no need to say you were going fishing. One draw back our concealed carry is only for handguns. So no loaded rifle mags in the car if your going to the range, and yes a loaded mag constitutes a loaded firearm up here :facepalm2:
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Rongo wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:16 pm Hasn't even been sent to the subcommittee yet.... DOA this session. But if they get a majority in the future? Damn...
It will be damn hard to change the state politics the way the state has been gerrymandered. Some of our districts are laughable.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

If you check back to the Clinton/Diane Feinstein's original Gun Ban list he didn't have even a little of his own in his. They read verbatim, no change. Uncle Joe took credit for it too in some of his basement talks.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Pensacola is trying to organize a gun buy back program. Looks like they are going to offer $50.00 for hand guns and $75.00 for long guns. So if I show up and offer to buy the gems before they turn them in, I wonder if I'd be breaking any laws.

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/local/20 ... 234473001/
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
boltaction

Post by boltaction »

Hello,
That sounds like a very good ideal.
It would be interesting too see what you could find for 50-75(+)dollars...
Lavitias

Post by Lavitias »

boltaction wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:30 am Hello,
That sounds like a very good ideal.
It would be interesting too see what you could find for 50-75(+)dollars...
Best I can do is a box of 9mm Blazer for ya at $50 :lol: If you want to splurge I'll make it Fiocchi at the $75 mark :lol: on other notes though damn these prices suck, and no those aren't real sale offers just a tongue in cheek joke.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

ffuries wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:15 pm Pensacola is trying to organize a gun buy back program. Looks like they are going to offer $50.00 for hand guns and $75.00 for long guns. So if I show up and offer to buy the gems before they turn them in, I wonder if I'd be breaking any laws.

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/local/20 ... 234473001/
What is the Florida law for face to face purchase? It doesn't sound illegal to me .
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"