7.62x39 COVID 19 Stress Relief

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
tjtM38

7.62x39 COVID 19 Stress Relief

Post by tjtM38 »

I took the Arsenal SGL21-61 AK Clone out to the range for the first time in a couple of years and put a target at 100 yards to check the Vortex SPARC red-dot sight. After a couple of minor adjustments, it was consistently hitting center of mass. It was 60 rounds of AK fun in which I didn't even think about the crappy news or the pandemic. I really like the TAPCO two-stage trigger on this rifle. It is very consistent and smooth giving good results when I do my job. This is never going to be a target rifle; after all, it is a Kalashnikov design. However, I really enjoy plinking with it and it is a well made rifle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: 7.62x39 COVID 19 Stress Relief

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Arsenal makes some nice AK's, I remember the first ones that showed up here in the 90's. What difference between them, and the common Chinese variety that was all over at that time.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

I've been building up my stash of 30 carbine-got 500 new cases and loaded them up. Got more in storage and will probably take the carbine out to the range Sunday for some practice.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

It looks like you have that sight dialed in nicely.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

SA1911a1 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:55 pm It looks like you have that sight dialed in nicely.
It took a few shots to get it back to 100-yard zero. I had removed the optic some time ago, and it was close to zero upon reattachment, but not dead on. It is a bit of a pain for cleaning, because it sits so close to the top of the dust cover. Nevertheless, there is sufficient clearance to enable dust cover removal for field strip with a little bit of finesse.