Chicken hunting 2020

Sonny

Chicken hunting 2020

Post by Sonny »

Well just like everything else about 2020 chicken hunting sucks big time. Very few birds but lots of coyotes and Lynx.

I shot two a couple of weeks ago and two this morning but then it started to snow. grrrrr :very mad:

Also saw a nice young eating size bull moose but no moose draw... double grrrrr :lol:

Here's a few pics.

And bears don't only shit in the woods they shit on the roads too. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Chicken hunting 2020

Post by Longcolt44 »

Nice shootin son. You should have stood by to see that Lynx's ears drop to see what it had in its huntin eyes.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

When lynx season comes you should try a nice cat roast :Drool1: . I guess a bottle of Zeller Katz Schwarz would go well.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Yeah I don't know what the kitty was after but it sure was intent on catching it. Even the truck didn't seem to phase it very much.

As for shooting it that's a big no no as they can only be taken under the authority of a trappers license. (wink wink) :wink:

These are iphone pics so not the best of quality.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Cats out hunting cause he knows snows coming. Them clouds look a little bit flurious. How cold has it got there ?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

steelbuttplate wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:57 pm Cats out hunting cause he knows snows coming. Them clouds look a little bit flurious. How cold has it got there ?
We had a beautiful fall with daytime temps well into the 60's last week. But Tuesday it started to get real crappy and the 14 day forecast looks terrible. :shock:
Supposed to get 15 - 25cm (6-10 inches) of snow tonight and tomorrow which sucks. But on the bright side we don't get hurricanes up here. :thumbsup:
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Went out for two hours today and only seen one bird. :b sad:

Did see a nice little 4x4 whitetail buck but only had 7.5 shot in the gun soooooooo I passed on him. :lol:

Hope next year we have more birds.
entropy

Post by entropy »

But the real philosophical question is- Does the Pope shit in the woods? :wink:

Nice chickens, scarce as they are, good pics of the kitty, too. I've seen a couple in the backwoods of MN; The thing about cats is they are silent. The first one I met in the woods was checking me out, he got so close before I saw him I thought it was a ghost bobcat.....

Bet it's a bit cooler than that now up there.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

entropy wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:26 am But the real philosophical question is- Does the Pope shit in the woods? :wink:

Nice chickens, scarce as they are, good pics of the kitty, too. I've seen a couple in the backwoods of MN; The thing about cats is they are silent. The first one I met in the woods was checking me out, he got so close before I saw him I thought it was a ghost bobcat.....

Bet it's a bit cooler than that now up there.
Yes sir you could say winter is here. Hell some guys are already ice fishing but I lack motivation. :lol: