Are these worth anything?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
capt14k

Re: Are these worth anything?

Post by capt14k »

Lots of 91/30 and Berdan Type II sent to Canada.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

capt14k wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:16 am Not sure if you guys don't believe there are new Mosin imports coming in or don't want to believe it, but the truth is there are and there have been. Rear sights are pinned at 300m and Century/Sarco has warehouses full they are importing from Ukraine. Just like IO has warehouses full of Carcanos,. Enfields, and Mausers they are importing from Ethiopia. They made hundreds of millions, to think they have dried up is very short-sighted, or it is intentionally short sighted because those that own them are hoping one day Mosins will be worth what Mausers are.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Oh my God! They made "hundreds of millions of Mosins"! Are you serious??? You have to know better than that. The numbers are out there to find (approximations), and they aren't close to hundreds of millions (unless you are counting the collective number of Mosins from all countries as I don't know the numbers from Romania, Hungary, China, and Poland). The highest number made was during WW2, and I believe it was in the neighborhood of 10million of all types between both factories. Imperial era numbers (1891-1918) probably came close to the numbers produced during WW2.
Mosin Fanboy
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

willyj73 wrote:
capt14k wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:16 am Not sure if you guys don't believe there are new Mosin imports coming in or don't want to believe it, but the truth is there are and there have been. Rear sights are pinned at 300m and Century/Sarco has warehouses full they are importing from Ukraine. Just like IO has warehouses full of Carcanos,. Enfields, and Mausers they are importing from Ethiopia. They made hundreds of millions, to think they have dried up is very short-sighted, or it is intentionally short sighted because those that own them are hoping one day Mosins will be worth what Mausers are.

Oh my God! They made "hundreds of millions of Mosins"! Are you serious??? You have to know better than that. The numbers are out there to find (approximations), and they aren't close to hundreds of millions (unless you are counting the collective number of Mosins from all countries as I don't know the numbers from Romania, Hungary, China, and Poland). The highest number made was during WW2, and I believe it was in the neighborhood of 10million of all types between both factories. Imperial era numbers (1891-1918) probably came close to the numbers produced during WW2.
Hundreds of millions was all rifles.

Russians made about 30M Mosins no?

IO bought some Berdan Type II as well.

willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

Yes, Russian and Soviet production total of all Mosins (M91 long rifles, Dragoons, M1907s, snipers, 91/30s, M38s, and M44s) was about in the 30-37 million range.
Mosin Fanboy
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

willyj73 wrote:Yes, Russian and Soviet production total of all Mosins (M91 long rifles, Dragoons, M1907s, snipers, 91/30s, M38s, and M44s) was about in the 30-37 million range.
The only thing stopping all the ones in Russia, along with all the captured German stuff there, from pouring in can be removed with the stroke of a pen. There is plenty in Ukraine for now. Importgenius you can follow the new shipments that come in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

I didn't know so much was still being imported still. Just goes to show you what I know or should I say don't know.....
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member