Unknown Chinese type 56 SKS, Un sporterizing

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
steelbuttplate

Re: Unknown Chinese type 56 SKS, Un sporterizing

Post by steelbuttplate »

matt167 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:14 pm Now I have a question. I just got the blade stock in for hardware parts. The problem I'm having is the stock is gorgeous. I was originally thinking it had to be a re finished stock but it smells like cosmoline and there are cosmoline remnants in some of the hardware.. I actually want to use this stock. I think I bought it as a Russian stock but I'd have to look at my invoice..

Can I swap a blade bayonet onto the spike bayonet rifle? I don't want to sporterize it of course, it's just the stock is beautiful and the one that is on it is not correct anyway
If it's a spike type stock, putting on a blade won't close completely if I remember correctly.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
matt167

Re: Unknown Chinese type 56 SKS, Un sporterizing

Post by matt167 »

It's a blade stock that I put on it ( pics posted ). I have a spike bayonet so the spike would not close.. Spike is longer than blade... For now it's just without a bayonet