Red Army Standard, golden tiger?

Reloading and any ammunition discussions are here.
matt167

Red Army Standard, golden tiger?

Post by matt167 »

I got some Red Army Standard for my SKS, being cheap and available. Is Golden tiger the same thing? both seem to be cheap and somewhat available..

It's a little odd being in a white box that looks like it was just stamped with the logo and caliber.

I have Tulammo for my Mosin that is coming soon. I wanted something higher quality for a high dollar rifle, although I still have a good amount of russian surplus
steelbuttplate

Re: Red Army Standard, golden tiger?

Post by steelbuttplate »

matt167 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:26 am I got some Red Army Standard for my SKS, being cheap and available. Is Golden tiger the same thing? both seem to be cheap and somewhat available..

It's a little odd being in a white box that looks like it was just stamped with the logo and caliber.

I have Tulammo for my Mosin that is coming soon. I wanted something higher quality for a high dollar rifle, although I still have a good amount of russian surplus
I had accuracy problems with Red army standard, all over the target. I sold the rest.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
matt167

Post by matt167 »

Interesting. Not much is available right now except that, and Golden Tiger.

Spam cans are available. I might have to grab a can
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

Golden Tiger is great stuff, a bit hotter than your other cheap x39 stuff. Never shot any Red Army stuff.
matt167

Post by matt167 »

Apparently they are both made in the Vempyl plant and other forums discuss they are similar. Outdoor limited just got in some Max Tech also made at Vempyl. Probably similar. Any of them are under $6/ box right now. Tempting to buy 500 rounds of something

I'm probably hitting up my LGS for some more PPU Rifle Line that he still has in stock. I bought some of it while I was there but need to drop off my SKS gas tube to have the hand guard swapped anyway