Bad guys need mo range time

"Off The Regular Topic" Items Forum
SA1911a1

Bad guys need mo range time

Post by SA1911a1 »

Have you guys noticed how poorly movie bad guys shoot? None of them can shoot for shit. None of them shoot from cover, they just jump out in front of the good guy who shoots like Jerry Miculek and take their bullets like a man, and that after they have seen him wasting their buddies. There must be a nearly endless supply of these types; I don't know how they ever get health or life insurance.

I just watched a movie where John Revolting, I mean Travolta, was playing a super CIA spook, in From Paris With Love he must have killed at least 50 bad guys in two hours and none of them ever got a piece of him. He would wade into a room full of bad guys toting machine guns and leave them all bleeding out. He did all of that murder and mayhem with just one magazine change that I saw.

I swear, if I ever go bad and joint a drug or terror gang, and the good guy busts in, I am going to hide behind something bulletproof and wait until he is busy shooting one of my buddies and plug his ass in the back...twice.....
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
ffuries

Re: Bad guys need mo range time

Post by ffuries »

I'll hide behind you then Steve, that way when they shoot at you I can shoot them........

I noticed that shit as a kid, cowboys would go through a whole box worth of ammo and never hit anyone. Soldiers would go through a warehouse of ammo and only one person would get hit. Oh and somehow when someone did get shot, it was the bad guy, who would always be positioned just right that the good guy could get them, but not the other way.

Everyone was either a shitty shot, a shitty hider, or both.

That's Hollyweird for you........ :bs.gif:
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

All that busting down doors and shooting, getting crud splattered all over yourself. Fuck that, I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure, and it's much easier. All done in five minutes or less, no scrubbing brain splatter off of shirts, and home early for milk and cookies.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

SHOOT :hunter: Shit :hitsfan: Nuke, :homer: shoot and nuke and frag who ? Coronavites ? Commies ? Coyotes ?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

you guys getting a little stir-crazy today ??
Brucifer

Post by Brucifer »

SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I like that one. It reminds me of some folks I have shot with.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

tomaustin wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:23 am you guys getting a little stir-crazy today ??
No, I am in a business classed as essential, I won't be trapped at home until I am sick or dead.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

steelbuttplate wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:44 pm SHOOT :hunter: Shit :hitsfan: Nuke, :homer: shoot and nuke and frag who ? Coronavites ? Commies ? Coyotes ?
Why choose? Just do them all.
Theodore Roosevelt
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

I’m back at work. I’m classified as an essential worker, but was off six weeks on paid leave. If I don’t have to shoot, I won’t.
ffuries wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:36 pm I'll hide behind you then Steve, that way when they shoot at you I can shoot them........

I noticed that shit as a kid, cowboys would go through a whole box worth of ammo and never hit anyone. Soldiers would go through a warehouse of ammo and only one person would get hit. Oh and somehow when someone did get shot, it was the bad guy, who would always be positioned just right that the good guy could get them, but not the other way.

Actually, most LEOs can’t hit a target either when they get that adrenaline boost when shooting in a high stress incident. It’s not uncommon to consume a whole magazine of ammo an totally miss the suspect or only get a couple of hits.
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

awalker1829 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:20 pm I’m back at work. I’m classified as an essential worker, but was off six weeks on paid leave. If I don’t have to shoot, I won’t.
ffuries wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:36 pm I'll hide behind you then Steve, that way when they shoot at you I can shoot them........

Actually, most LEOs can’t hit a target either when they get that adrenaline boost when shooting in a high stress incident. It’s not uncommon to consume a whole magazine of ammo an totally miss the suspect or only get a couple of hits.
True, same thing in the military. Hence why they throw as much lead down range as possible, something is bound to hit someone.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member