H&R Reising model 65

Rim Fire Firearms
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

H&R Reising model 65

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Seems to be early post war commercial model 65 in blue, still wearing military contract stock and front sight, not yet marked " The General" . According to the last owner it was a safe queen since being bought in the 1940's. Contact scratches on the stock, looks to be 99% or better bluing, no sign inside the action that it's even fired a round. Original magazine with the spare, heavy bull barrel meant to mimic the weight of the M1 service rifle for the USMC who used these in parkerized finish for training rifles during WW2. Apparently H&R had permission to use the design as a commercial sporter after the government contracts were filled. The only .22 I have heavier than this one is the Australian trainer built off the No1 MKIII action with similar weight bull barrel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: H&R Reising model 65

Post by Rongo »

Not something you see everyday!!! Damn!!!
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Nice :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Very nice.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
ksbanker

Post by ksbanker »

Very nice!! So that is what they look like without decades of abuse! I had to scrape the spray paint over-spray off mine after decades of being in my great-grandfathers barn and then my grandfathers barn.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
~Sir Winston Churchill