Permitless gun carry in Oklahoma takes effect

NEW! If it won't quite fit elsewhere, maybe it will fit here!!!!
Strictly at the mercy of the Administrators (could be moved)
ffuries

Permitless gun carry in Oklahoma takes effect

Post by ffuries »

Permitless gun carry in Oklahoma takes effect, which is cool for them. But what the hell does this guy think he's going up against? Bipod, flashlight, fancy scope and sights, folding stock, vertical grip and God only knows what else.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/permitless-g ... y-oklahoma
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
SA1911a1

Re: Permitless gun carry in Oklahoma takes effect

Post by SA1911a1 »

It is called showing off. "Hey, look at me, I have a gun, be afraid, be very afraid." Before he could unwrap and point that thing, I would have plugged him a half dozen times with my carry pistol. If I were breaking bad, what he has is a sign that says, "Shoot me first." I value the element of surprise above making a political statement.

The permitless carry brings up a question. What do you do if you are going out of state? I know Florida has reciprocal agreements with most states, but, with no permit, is there any reciprocity?
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Brake Weight

Post by Brake Weight »

I highly doubt any states will reciprocate a permitless carry state.

Although it’s good to see this going into effect. How does it work for felons and such?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

At this point, permitless carry is only good for the state that you are in that passed it. Other states may or may not accept it. Kentucky has permitless carry but right next door in Ohio we don't recognize it, They would need a valid permit to carry here. The same laws exist for felons, no guns.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

It's called a fucking wannabee.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:28 pm It's called a fucking wannabee.
Yeah Tacti-cool, Airsoft, military wannabe is what came to my mind.........The idiots that take an AR platform rifle and turn it into a Swiss Army Knife with every damn possible upgrade and accessory they can find. Those idiots carry more shit on them, than I did when I was in uniform.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Lavitias

Post by Lavitias »

Bipod would almost make sense if he didn't have the grip and the flash light as this gent is clearly trying to shoot at range with it. But then you get the whole wtf do you need the light and grip for plus unless it's a .308 the hell you need the break for. Also the folding stock :chuckles:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Lavitias wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:20 am Bipod would almost make sense if he didn't have the grip and the flash light as this gent is clearly trying to shoot at range with it. But then you get the whole wtf do you need the light and grip for plus unless it's a .308 the hell you need the break for. Also the folding stock :chuckles:
and then when he starts something I take him out with one round from my Winchester 94 .30-30 before he can even think about deploying any of that crap hung all over his weapon.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:08 pm
Lavitias wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:20 am Bipod would almost make sense if he didn't have the grip and the flash light as this gent is clearly trying to shoot at range with it. But then you get the whole wtf do you need the light and grip for plus unless it's a .308 the hell you need the break for. Also the folding stock :chuckles:
and then when he starts something I take him out with one round from my Winchester 94 .30-30 before he can even think about deploying any of that crap hung all over his weapon.
Picking these guys off is like shooting fish in a barrel. I'm a firm believer in the KISS ideology Keep It Simple Stupid. The more shit you add, the more shit there is to break, the more shit that gets in the way, or the more shit that gets snagged on your gear. He would never complete the thought of shooting let alone start moving before a hole appeared in his forehead.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

I’d forgo all the crap that’s attached and use that money to buy ammo or a second AR.
AMCHornet

Post by AMCHornet »

Arizona has been a permit-less carry state for at least the fifteen years that I've lived here and literally NOBODY walks around in public with rifles. Lots of people carry handguns concealed and a few people carry openly, but not many.

Any person aged 21 years and older may carry openly or concealed without a permit in Arizona, but the state still issues "optional" permits to those who want them. There are many benefits to getting the optional permit. One is the required training to get the permit that makes the holder more prepared. Two is the increased freedom of when and where the holder may carry their firearm. Three is the image of being more responsible to authorities and anti-gunners. Four is of course the reciprocity to other states. Most states recognize an AZ permit.

It's a great system.
I'm just here for the free coffee mug and tee shirt. :vcool:
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

AMCHornet wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:00 pm Arizona has been a permit-less carry state for at least the fifteen years that I've lived here and literally NOBODY walks around in public with rifles. Lots of people carry handguns concealed and a few people carry openly, but not many.

Any person aged 21 years and older may carry openly or concealed without a permit in Arizona, but the state still issues "optional" permits to those who want them. There are many benefits to getting the optional permit. One is the required training to get the permit that makes the holder more prepared. Two is the increased freedom of when and where the holder may carry their firearm. Three is the image of being more responsible to authorities and anti-gunners. Four is of course the reciprocity to other states. Most states recognize an AZ permit.

It's a great system.
Fifth is the fact that the Arizona permit is a BATFE qualified alternate permit. That permits an FFL to transfer a firearm without contacting NICS as possession of a BATFE qualified alternate permit is considered to be legal evidence or proof that you are not a prohibited possessor. The FFL copies your permit (and drivers license if required) and attaches that to the 4473 in place of the NICS Transaction Number.

Also, if you are a licensed professional who may need to carry a firearm as part of your job, you may be able to use the mandatory permit class as Continuing Education credit. Arizona Supreme Court permits Arizona certified process servers to use the mandatory permit class as 2.0 hours of their mandatory 10.0 CE hours per year. The NRA Home Safety course qualifies for 4.0 credit hours.
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

Mississippi has open carry with no permit required. However, concealed carry requires a concealed carry permit. I have seen people walking around stores here in this town with a gun clearly visible on their belt. Personally, I think concealed carry is the only way to go, so I got a permit. It also allows me to purchase firearms without a NCIS check each time; essentially, the background check has already been done. I have always thought that open carry only invites confrontation. It is something to avoid if at all possible any time you carry.
Genetically Swiss

Post by Genetically Swiss »

I learned a long time ago to never bring attention to yourself.

GS
"He who shoots first laughs last."

-Lebed-
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Genetically Swiss wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:01 pm I learned a long time ago to never bring attention to yourself.

GS
Exactly. Be the mild mannered old man that is no danger to anyone. Nothing says "advantage" like surprise. No bumper stickers, no window decals, no "tactical" clothes. These idiots wear guns like Christmas decorations.

People add all kinds of shit to their weapons thinking it makes them a warrior. When they take the weapons, loaded with trinkets, out in public they are saying, "look at me, I am really not impotent." They would be better served by buying ammo and learning to use their weapons with iron sights and keeping a good pistol under their clothes. I would rather not wear a sign that says "shoot me first."

B. H. Liddel Hart stresses the "Art of the indirect approach." These people have not read his book.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

SA1911a1 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:40 am
Genetically Swiss wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:01 pm I learned a long time ago to never bring attention to yourself.

GS
Exactly. Be the mild mannered old man that is no danger to anyone. Nothing says "advantage" like surprise. No bumper stickers, no window decals, no "tactical" clothes. These idiots wear guns like Christmas decorations.

People add all kinds of shit to their weapons thinking it makes them a warrior. When they take the weapons, loaded with trinkets, out in public they are saying, "look at me, I am really not impotent." They would be better served by buying ammo and learning to use their weapons with iron sights and keeping a good pistol under their clothes. I would rather not wear a sign that says "shoot me first."

B. H. Liddel Hart stresses the "Art of the indirect approach." These people have not read his book.
So true about the iron sights. None of my firearms have scopes, lasers or red dots. A friend of mine let me shoot his red dot target pistol the other day. His commentary was along similar lines-red dots are fine for race/competition guns but aren't generally practical for self defense pistols. Given that most defensive pistol uses occur with an attacker who is twenty to thirty feet away, the attacker could be on you before you'd be able to recognize the threat, draw your pistol and acquire the red dot (depending on environmental factors). Out here on a sunny, cloudless day the light can wash out the red dot easily.

On the other hand, I've had nothing but good results with my fiber optic, tritium sights on my Sig P320. They stand out day or night.
Genetically Swiss

Post by Genetically Swiss »

A bit off topic, but related. Related to what SA1911a1 espouses regarding keeping a low profile, which I wholeheartedly agree with. It has been my experience that the majority (not all, for certain) of the guys you see with their AR/AK 's completely tricked out never served in the military. An interesting story...when my wife and I used to re-enact Civil War, the most enthusiastic and absolutely by the book anal stitch counting SOB's were guys that never served. Almost unanimously, BTW. As for me, no pretty weapon, rags for clothes, absolutely and positively function over form.

GS
"He who shoots first laughs last."

-Lebed-
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

Genetically Swiss wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:05 pm A bit off topic, but related. Related to what SA1911a1 espouses regarding keeping a low profile, which I wholeheartedly agree with. It has been my experience that the majority (not all, for certain) of the guys you see with their AR/AK 's completely tricked out never served in the military. An interesting story...when my wife and I used to re-enact Civil War, the most enthusiastic and absolutely by the book anal stitch counting SOB's were guys that never served. Almost unanimously, BTW. As for me, no pretty weapon, rags for clothes, absolutely and positively function over form.

GS
I tend to keep a very low profile. I do have one old NRA sticker on the truck but they’re so common here it doesn’t draw any attention at all. The guys I know who were in the service-one doesn’t have an AR or want one (he’s perfectly happy with his M-1 carbine). I do know a couple who do have ARs but they keep them basic-no fancy crap. Train with iron sights and spend money practicing and buying more ammo. I have one that’s in the basic M4 configuration-no additional gear on it and I really only have it just for the sake of having one. I’ve got plenty of other rifles I’m better with that look less scary than the AR and are just as effective as it is.
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Most, not all of us Military people, want an AR to represent what we carried while in the military, as for my AKM I wanted it to represent what the bad guys carried while I was in.

The Swiss Army Knife mentality that the Tacticool Dweebs adopt for their AR and AK platforms just make me laugh and think what a dumb ass they are.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

ffuries wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:16 pm Most, not all of us Military people, want an AR to represent what we carried while in the military, as for my AKM I wanted it to represent what the bad guys carried while I was in.

The Swiss Army Knife mentality that the Tacticool Dweebs adopt for their AR and AK platforms just make me laugh and think what a dumb ass they are.
If I carried what I used the most in the military it would be a wrench or a swab. Both of which could be used as weapons, but both are hard to conceal.....
Aut Pax Aut Bellum