American Red CZ 455

Rim Fire Firearms
kjohn

American Red CZ 455

Post by kjohn »

Just to show solidarity with my US friends, I've ordered an American Red CZ 455 .22. It is essentially a "Canadian" minus the maple leaf at the wrist. That will make eight 455's on "the wall".
IMG_0236.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GOOD RIDDANCE LGR!! If there isn't a gun range in heaven, then I'm going to hell.
Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State. Heinrich Himmler
Sonny

Re: American Red CZ 455

Post by Sonny »

kjohn you make me so jealous,lol but good for you. :thumbsup:
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

NICE. I just picked up a CZ457 LUX in .22LR for shooting in CMP rimfire matches. Groups really well.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

:Drool1: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I like it, I like it a lot.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Dang nice rifle. isn't that Sascatchewan place somewhere in Mississippi?
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
kjohn

Post by kjohn »

SA1911a1 wrote:Dang nice rifle. isn't that Sascatchewan place somewhere in Mississippi?
Nah, the Mississippi River does get a lot of our erosion material, though. :)

I just saw another "Red" at the Calgary gun show. That one is a wee bit different red than my Canadian. Very nice looking rifle. I hope mine is as nice!
GOOD RIDDANCE LGR!! If there isn't a gun range in heaven, then I'm going to hell.
Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State. Heinrich Himmler
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Hey kjohn did you ever get those rifles back when you had your truck broken into?
kjohn

Post by kjohn »

Sonny wrote:Hey kjohn did you ever get those rifles back when you had your truck broken into?
Nope. Didn’t expect to. Some shithead probably got a bag of pot for them.
kjohn

Post by kjohn »

Bummer. :cry: They sent me a “Bushman Special” instead of what I ordered. Of course, the phone message service is full. I emailed them, for all the good that will do. The rifle they sent is a nice one, but I already have one. :vsad:
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

kjohn wrote:Bummer. :cry: They sent me a “Bushman Special” instead of what I ordered. Of course, the phone message service is full. I emailed them, for all the good that will do. The rifle they sent is a nice one, but I already have one. :vsad:
I wish I could take that off of your hands for you.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
kjohn

Post by kjohn »

Salved my feelings a wee bit. My buddy phoned one day to say he had spotted a St. Patrick's 455 .22 for sale at a good price. Ordered it, and it is now laying on the living room floor. When I opened the package, my wife claimed it. Her birthday is March 17. Must be some kind of a record for shortest time of actual possession! :tongue:

Not the actual rifle:
St Patrick a x.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brake Weight

Post by Brake Weight »

That is purty. Good score.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln
kjohn

Post by kjohn »

Well, up to 9 455's now. Went gopher shooting for a week. Used my American .22 and the Bushman Special .22 mostly. Fired just over 1500 rounds, probably zapped 1200+ gophers. Shot for six day in the same 80 acre field. Stayed in my trailer, bachelor mode. Great week. Was impressed with the Bushman. Have a Leupold Ultimate Slam muzzle loader scope on it.
kjohn

Post by kjohn »

Finally got around to sighting in the St. Patrick's green machine. Just shot Federal Target bulk at 40 yds. or so. Shoots like a dream. Need to take it on a good and proper gopher shoot. Still have the American Red to sight in. Sold my little CZ Farmer 513 .22 to Deaner. He's going to fit it up for his little grandson. Better home than it standing against the wall at my place.
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

kjohn wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:53 pm Well, up to 9 455's now. Went gopher shooting for a week. Used my American .22 and the Bushman Special .22 mostly. Fired just over 1500 rounds, probably zapped 1200+ gophers. Shot for six day in the same 80 acre field. Stayed in my trailer, bachelor mode. Great week. Was impressed with the Bushman. Have a Leupold Ultimate Slam muzzle loader scope on it.
That’s a lot of gophers!
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain