Range time with Palmetto State AR15A4

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
tjtM38

Range time with Palmetto State AR15A4

Post by tjtM38 »

I bought this rifle piecemeal at Palmetto State Armory as the components went on sale about a year ago. First I bought a nickel/boron BCG with charging handle, then I bought the PSA multi-cal A2 lower, then I bought the 20" upper assembly with the detachable carry handle/rear sight. This all occurred over a 4-month period. It's all PSA, so not an expensive rifle, especially buying the components as they went on sale or clearance.

Originally, I sighted the rifle in by the M16A4 book using the standard 25/300 meter zeroing target. However, it really didn't suit my 100 yard casual shooting (plinking), so today I decided to adjust the zero where it would only shoot slightly high at 100 yards. I finally got it dialed in and it only took 3 clicks down on the front sight and one click right on the windage. I think this will make it more dead on at the ranges I shoot which is normally 100 and 200 yards. I find the iron sight a challenge with my aging eyes, but with a little help from my Walmart bifocals and a good rest, my last 20 rounds were hitting about dead center. Compared to shooting the M4 carbine, this thing feels like shooting a .22 rimfire. Real pleasant and easy to shoot. The ammo was Federal Lake City 62 grain green tip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Range time with Palmetto State AR15A4

Post by Longcolt44 »

Looks to shoot "Minute of Man" with no problem.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

Longcolt44 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:07 pm Looks to shoot "Minute of Man" with no problem.
I guess that's what the platform was designed for. Yeah, it ain't no tack driver, but it is bound to hit center of mass if you do your part with the hold and the trigger.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

:thumbsup:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

Nice shooting. I have several different brands of AR's including Colt and BCM but I really do like my Palmetto State Armory rifles.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

I like the PSA stuff and decently priced. I built an AR10 and couldn't be happier. Although I did go a little crazy with mods :lol:
IMG_1906.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

:pointup: Nice rifle; you really have that thing tricked out! The only thing I have done to the AR15A4 rifle is a minor upgrade to a BCM Gunfighter polished milspec trgger assembly. It's much smoother now.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

I changed out my trigger group too. I upgraded to a Velocity 3 lb. curved trigger.
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

I use the Kaw Valley fire control groups springs in all my builds, best price at Joebobs Outfitters.