The Oak Grove Monster

capt14k

Re: The Oak Grove Monster

Post by capt14k »

millman wrote:
Sonny wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:29 pm Are you guys restricted to shotgun only deer hunting?

Up here we are restricted to no rifle smaller than .23 cal.. But then our population density is a lot less up here.

Most popular here are .270 .30-30 .308 .30-06 .300wm and 7mm. But the 7mm-08 is really popular with kids and lady hunters due to low recoil.
Some states are limited to shotguns only, but it varies state to state. I don't think Steelbuttplate is in North Carolina, and we aren't in Kentucky, but Indiana used to be, and perhaps still is. Like I said, it varies.
We do have different seasons as to what you can hunt with. A bow season, A muzzleloading season, a modern gun season, etc.
NJ shotgun, muzzle loader, or bow for deer. No rifle.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You will rarely if ever find it still kicking here, usually by the time you get out of the hospital, and find someone to drive you to were you hit it the buzzards and coyotes have been at it. Most deer I see on the roadside are two, or three days dead and bloated like piñata ready to burst. Anyway, if I need a deer that bad there are several outside my door right now, I hear them moving past as they do most nights. Just crack the door open and let loose with the shotgun, it will either be a deer, or some asshole sneaking around up to no good who deserved what they got.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:10 pm You will rarely if ever find it still kicking here, usually by the time you get out of the hospital, and find someone to drive you to were you hit it the buzzards and coyotes have been at it. Most deer I see on the roadside are two, or three days dead and bloated like piñata ready to burst. Anyway, if I need a deer that bad there are several outside my door right now, I hear them moving past as they do most nights. Just crack the door open and let loose with the shotgun, it will either be a deer, or some asshole sneaking around up to no good who deserved what they got.
When we do find it still kicking, since we got called to the scene, it's best served with a Shiraz or Pinot Noir. My son lived in AK for 9 months, got on a list to get a Moose when they got hit by vehicle. He started out 32 in line and was number 4 when he came home.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

steelbuttplate wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:12 am
Junk Yard Dog wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:10 pm You will rarely if ever find it still kicking here, usually by the time you get out of the hospital, and find someone to drive you to were you hit it the buzzards and coyotes have been at it. Most deer I see on the roadside are two, or three days dead and bloated like piñata ready to burst. Anyway, if I need a deer that bad there are several outside my door right now, I hear them moving past as they do most nights. Just crack the door open and let loose with the shotgun, it will either be a deer, or some asshole sneaking around up to no good who deserved what they got.
When we do find it still kicking, since we got called to the scene, it's best served with a Shiraz or Pinot Noir. My son lived in AK for 9 months, got on a list to get a Moose when they got hit by vehicle. He started out 32 in line and was number 4 when he came home.
Would it have counted if the moose got hit by a semi doing 80 and he had to pick off the bits roasted to a Cummins diesel? Best would be to get the one hit by the guy in a smart car.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

It would be more like a Dodge 350 Cummings. Damn what a sweet ride. Go ahead and warp the frame on your $65,000 pickup for a friggin moose. I'd drive around real slow if I stayed there. People there go to bars if they're not at work, more so on the long nights. Sarah Palin was always talking about skinning moose, well that's her home town. Wasilla.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

steelbuttplate wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:53 am It would be more like a Dodge 350 Cummings. Damn what a sweet ride. Go ahead and warp the frame on your $65,000 pickup for a friggin moose. I'd drive around real slow if I stayed there. People there go to bars if they're not at work, more so on the long nights. Sarah Palin was always talking about skinning moose, well that's her home town. Wasilla.
I have a Dodge W350 cummins, I would happily accept $65,000 for it :thumbsup: I was thinking Cummins in a Peterbilt, Kenworth, or Freightliner.
Theodore Roosevelt