!941 Finn M-39, no "D" on barrel??

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
conmcb25

!941 Finn M-39, no "D" on barrel??

Post by conmcb25 »

!941 Sako Finn M-39, no "D" on barrel?? What does that mean, is it not a D shank?

Is that good or bad from a collect ability and/ or a shoot ability perspective.

And thanks for all your patience, if all my questions start to annoy you, let me know. :) But unfortunately I haven't become addicted enough to pay 250 bucks for "Rifles of the White Death". Not yet anyway :)
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: !941 Finn M-39, no "D" on barrel??

Post by millman »

I believe all M39s were D chambered from the start.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

What Millman said. No need to mark what was known.

Do not pay $250 for Rifles of the White Death. You can buy all 3 Volumes of Palokangas for $50 more. Volume 2 alone is about $150. That's the one with the Finnish Made weapons info. Volume 1 is history. Volume 3 is Finnish used weapons.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Holy Moly, is Rifles of the White Death going for that kind of money? If so, I will have to put mine in the safe....
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
conmcb25

Post by conmcb25 »

SA1911a1 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:15 pm Holy Moly, is Rifles of the White Death going for that kind of money? If so, I will have to put mine in the safe....
Yep only thing I saw online and available was a copy at Amazon for $255, plus postage and tax :cry: