1933 Tula, Dragoon?

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Izhevsk762

Re: 1933 Tula, Dragoon?

Post by Izhevsk762 »

Jamjor wrote:Everyone seems to think that.. No, its like with handguns down there I would imagine. The police know every handgun you have, and up here they know handguns AND rifles. It's ridiculous. Finally we can buy and sell rifles without registering them. But yeah, we still need a PAL. The licensing stays the same, as it should.
Actually, there are very few places where handguns must be registered. There is no national registry.

Unfortunately for me, CA happens to be one of those registration-happy places...
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
Shawnc

Post by Shawnc »

Jamjor wrote:Everyone seems to think that.. No, its like with handguns down there I would imagine. The police know every handgun you have, and up here they know handguns AND rifles. It's ridiculous. Finally we can buy and sell rifles without registering them. But yeah, we still need a PAL. The licensing stays the same, as it should.
Heh heh. Nope. Not in most states anyway. We don't like to talk about those few.
Food for five years. A thousand gallons of gas. Air filtration. Water filtration. Geiger counter. Bomb shelter...underground goddamn monsters?!
Jamjor

Post by Jamjor »

Oh yeah, I forgot every state has different laws. Some provinces up here have certain different laws, but guns are national.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

New York has handgun licensing that is among the toughest in the nation, many semi auto long rifles are restricted to ten round mags or not allowed at all. New York is not a gun friendly state, but we don't have mandatory long gun registration outside of New York City.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Jamjor

Post by Jamjor »

The city has different laws than the state? Canada has 5 round magazines for all semi auto's. You can get 30 rounds or 10 for the SVT40 for example, but they're pinned to 5. Handguns are pinned to 10.
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Yep, here, the City can have laws different than the State (which can have laws different than the Country). In some States here in the US, you can buy a handgun same as if you were buying ammunition. Most States require a background check at the time of sale, much like when buying a long gun. Other States (Nebraska being one of them) requires you to have a Purchase Permit prior to buying a handgun. And then the City of Omaha for example requires you to have the Permit, the Background Check...and before you take the handgun out of the store, you have to take your receipt to the local Police Headquarters, register it, take your registration back to the store and then you can take it home.

For the most part, we're pretty lucky here in the US compared to the rest of the world, but there are parts of it where firearm ownership is pretty tough.
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
Shawnc

Post by Shawnc »

In Vermont you can buy your gun with a standard background check then carry it openly or concealed without any permits. Here in Virginia I can walk into a store, fill out the background check, and walk out with my gun in the time it takes to make the phone calls. Bought my last Mosin on Monday and it took more time for them to acknowledge me than it did to run the paperwork
All firearm purchases from a licenced dealer require a background check federally. Laws vary state to state, but most states you can do a private sale to anyone without a background check as long as they are a resident of the same state (and not knowingly a convicted felon).

On top of that as long as you have a clear record you can get a Federal license that allows for the purchase of Curios and Relics, or any gun that falls within the government's definition of historical or antique. Then there is no background check beyond your initial license.
Food for five years. A thousand gallons of gas. Air filtration. Water filtration. Geiger counter. Bomb shelter...underground goddamn monsters?!