Video of M37B1

What other "hobbies" and "Collections" do you have. Post them here!
NEW Forum!
Come on!, we know you have some!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Video of M37B1

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

[bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/nZ_Ry049jDg[/bbvideo]
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Re: Video of M37B1

Post by steelbuttplate »

:USA Flag: :USA Flag: :USA Flag: :USA Flag: I think it's found a home. Charge $20 per head to ride in the back for 20 minutes. :wink:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Veterans day parades, airshows, veteran funerals (Park it along the procession route) 4th of July parades. You got a vehicle that can be used for so many things.

Plus you get to drive it just for the Hell of it. Just think of all the idiots you drive over when they bog down traffic. Hmm I might need one to deal with some of the tourist's we get down here that turn a 45 minute drive to the gun range into a 2 1/2 hour adventure.

All that said I like it a lot, looks like it was well taken care of and I love the fact that it has been kept in its military configuration. Just find the rest of the goodies for it and it will be one hell of an eye catcher that is for sure.

Hell to be honest, I think I'm jealous of you now.........
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ffuries wrote:Veterans day parades, airshows, veteran funerals (Park it along the procession route) 4th of July parades. You got a vehicle that can be used for so many things.

Plus you get to drive it just for the Hell of it. Just think of all the idiots you drive over when they bog down traffic. Hmm I might need one to deal with some of the tourist's we get down here that turn a 45 minute drive to the gun range into a 2 1/2 hour adventure.

All that said I like it a lot, looks like it was well taken care of and I love the fact that it has been kept in its military configuration. Just find the rest of the goodies for it and it will be one hell of an eye catcher that is for sure.

Hell to be honest, I think I'm jealous of you now.........
I have all the goodies for it, the replacement winch is sitting in my shed, it came off another M37 that the owner converted to a modern engine and transmission. He did away with the 24 volt and PTO so had to swap to electric winch. The snorkel tube wasn't for everyday use, just fording as it's a nice straight tube down into the engine with no flap to stop rainwater. For fording operations you stopped, closed off some valves, opened up some drains, and attached the tube and exhaust extender, as well as removed the canvas top over the cab. I imagine things like cargo and personal weapons had to be secured as well. It would be a real fast way to clean the vehicle as well as yourself.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

OK, I have $45,000 and am looking for a car when I retire. I don't suppose It will go over 65 MPH on the freeway. That would be a deal breaker. (that and the gas mileage).

Damn nice Jim!!!

Darryl
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

That was a nice presentation, Jim.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

dolk wrote:OK, I have $45,000 and am looking for a car when I retire. I don't suppose It will go over 65 MPH on the freeway. That would be a deal breaker. (that and the gas mileage).

Damn nice Jim!!!

Darryl
It is your lucky day Darryl. I have just the car for you! Come on down! It is priced at $46,500, but just for you, I will make you the deal of a lifetime on a classic vehicle, for only $45,000! Send the cash and I will tow it to you!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

SA1911a1 wrote:
dolk wrote:OK, I have $45,000 and am looking for a car when I retire. I don't suppose It will go over 65 MPH on the freeway. That would be a deal breaker. (that and the gas mileage).

Damn nice Jim!!!

Darryl
It is your lucky day Darryl. I have just the car for you! Come on down! It is priced at $46,500, but just for you, I will make you the deal of a lifetime on a classic vehicle, for only $45,000! Send the cash and I will tow it to you!
:useless2:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Damn nice Jim!!!

Darryl
8-9 MPG, 50 or so top speed on dry pavement, 25-30 off road. Your offer of $45,000 is accepted :vcool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

SA1911a1 wrote:

Damn nice Jim!!!

Darryl
Too late Steve, he already bought mine, I can find another truck.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

When I put my Harley up for sale a guy wanted to trade me this M35A Truck. Maybe I should have done it.
M35A Truck.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Longcolt44 wrote:When I put my Harley up for sale a guy wanted to trade me this M35A Truck. Maybe I should have done it.
M35A Truck.jpg
Duce and a half? Yea, about 8-18 grand depending on condition, nice trucks with no frills. They turn up at government auctions all the time, you can still get one. There are several just on my local Craigslist, cheapest runner in I thing seven grand, looks like a town highway department is selling it.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Longcolt44 wrote:When I put my Harley up for sale a guy wanted to trade me this M35A Truck. Maybe I should have done it.
M35A Truck.jpg

That is what every man needs to take the kids to T-ball games, go to buy groceries, and drive to church on Sunday. I bet the gas mileage is rated at GPM instead of MPG. Just kidding, it would be a fun toy.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

OK, first off. I wouldn't buy a used car from either of you two guys!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

dolk wrote:OK, first off. I wouldn't buy a used car from either of you two guys!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

dolk wrote:OK, first off. I wouldn't buy a used car from either of you two guys!
That really hurts....
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have a perfectly good vintage Toyota Corolla with a nice even patina sitting out front that you would love. The tires show honest wear so you can see at a glance they had to be good tires, the battery is long experienced with starting the engine, and you can play classic cassette tapes as you drive. The car has it's own unique voice as it drives, it's way of letting you know all the important parts are there and working. The oil is freshly changed and we went with the full 50 weight to be sure this classic engine stays well protected. The transmission works it's best if you double clutch it, big truck transmissions are shifted by double clutching also so this is obviously an advantage. The last owner was a creative sort who redesigned one end of the rear quarter panel to accommodate a round taillight pod paying homage to the Model T Ford and other early cars that made the modern automobile possible. After the odometer has gone around three or four times you know you have a reliable automobile and can rest easy on long trips. This automobile is available for the low price of only $7999 for a limited time only. :biggrin: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

A nice classy old military Vehicle!!! I wouldn't change a thing. :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"