Tools of The Finnish Military

What other "hobbies" and "Collections" do you have. Post them here!
NEW Forum!
Come on!, we know you have some!
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

Put this little collection together of Finnish Military Tools and Leather Carriers. Still need an axe but I have the carrier for it. All metal and leather is SA Marked.

ImageImage

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Last edited by capt14k on Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ffuries

Re: Tools of The Finnish Military

Post by ffuries »

Damn that is awesome. What is the availability of these, easy or hard to find?
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
TnBuckeye

Post by TnBuckeye »

I like that assortment a lot! Nice collection Cap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

ffuries wrote:Damn that is awesome. What is the availability of these, easy or hard to find?
The shovels are pretty easy to find here. The leather and metal hook carriers are harder to find but they are out there. The square shovels are harder to find than the spades. The leather blade protector/carrier I've only seen a couple of.

The pickaxe carriers I have a couple for sale right now but I have never seen others for sale. They are all made by Åström and Stamped with the Reindeer in a Circle over Oulu. They also have SA Stamp. One is on the one pickaxe and the other is laid out straight. The pickaxe themselves are as rare as hens teeth. The large carrier for carrying the pickaxe broken down I have only seen the one.

The axes themselves I have yet to find one I liked but I have seen both SA and SY stamped Axeheads. The Axe carriers are rather rare.

Here is a thread with a lot more info about Finnish Axes. Most are made by Billnäs.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/fin ... s.1428809/

The sickle and leather case I have only seen two both from the same seller but I never really looked for them before.

There are also SA marked hand tools out there such as pliers, ballpeen hammer, barb wire cutters, and more. Seems the Finnish Army must have had a theft problem or they just liked stamping things.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nice collection, you just know they brained a few guys with that pick, it would just be irresistible :twisted:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
capt14k

Re: RE: Re: Tools of The Finnish Military

Post by capt14k »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Nice collection, you just know they brained a few guys with that pick, it would just be irresistible :twisted:
Thank You. As sharp as the edges are one could decapitate someone with the square head shovel.

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That was the idea, E tools aren't just for digging holes then or now.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

capt14k wrote:
ffuries wrote:Damn that is awesome. What is the availability of these, easy or hard to find?
The shovels are pretty easy to find here. The leather and metal hook carriers are harder to find but they are out there. The square shovels are harder to find than the spades. The leather blade protector/carrier I've only seen a couple of.

The pickaxe carriers I have a couple for sale right now but I have never seen others for sale. They are all made by Åström and Stamped with the Reindeer in a Circle over Oulu. They also have SA Stamp. One is on the one pickaxe and the other is laid out straight. The pickaxe themselves are as rare as hens teeth. The large carrier for carrying the pickaxe broken down I have only seen the one.

The axes themselves I have yet to find one I liked but I have seen both SA and SY stamped Axeheads. The Axe carriers are rather rare.

Here is a thread with a lot more info about Finnish Axes. Most are made by Billnäs.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/fin ... s.1428809/

The sickle and leather case I have only seen two both from the same seller but I never really looked for them before.

There are also SA marked hand tools out there such as pliers, ballpeen hammer, barb wire cutters, and more. Seems the Finnish Army must have had a theft problem or they just liked stamping things.
Wow that is awesome, I learn something new everyday on this forum. Who would have thought that buying a Mosin Nagant would/could turn into such an education. Just something to keep my eyes open for, although finding them in the wild in Florida is probably not going to happen. But stranger things have happened.

Thank you for all the information and the explanations it is a very interesting facet and direction of collecting.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

Here are a couple more tools. A SA Marked Billnäs Axe with SA Marked Leather Axe Cover / Carrrier and Wire Cutters most used for barbed wire that is both SA and P Marked.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Cool, I could use the wire cutters in my regular tool box. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
krazy_horse

Post by krazy_horse »

Very nice collection, S.A. marked tools would be quite a find.
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

Here is a couple more tools I have acquired. Toolkit and vice grip type tool are in other thread too. Battle Hatchet I made a collage of it now and then. These saws have become one of my favorites. I just bought another one today so I will have an extra to sell.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Very cool, we tend to forget that soldiers not only used firearms but other tools also.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!