Mini Mosins??

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Mini Mosins??

Post by Longcolt44 »

Keystone Sporting Arms has done it. Read the following article to see what they have done. https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2019/04 ... sin-nagant
How do you feel about it?
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
CavemanSteve

Re: Mini Mosins??

Post by CavemanSteve »

Nifty, but not sure I'll pay the asking price.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

I like the mini Enfield.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
jr612

Post by jr612 »

For a long time I told myself that I'd never get a Ruger mk3 because it was too much money for a .22. Until I bought one.
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

Do I read that correctly that it will be a $400 single shot 22?
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Yup walnut red, you read it right. They will sell to the same folks that are paying $400 for a 1943 round receiver Izhevsk.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I would have to see and handle one first... I'm afraid it's just a glorified Kricket. I have an old Springfield 15 single shot .22, that fills my need just fine.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

That is pretty slick, but I ain't shelling out for one.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Looks slightly cheesy, if I can spot poorly fitted stamped steel parts from a crappy photo then they must be glaring in person. Note the fit of the buttplate, and whatever is up with that rear sight. $400? I think not, nothing wrong with my old tube fed Stevens JC Higgins .22, or any of the other 20 or so .22 rifles I must have by now. I already have an Enfield .22, it's full size 1942 No1 MKIII, bull barrel, made by the Australians and brand new in the box.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

I have seen $500 asking prices on those. I wouldn't pay $300, but to each his own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
FrodoB

Post by FrodoB »

Somewhere I saw a CO2 powered Mosin BB gun, with the CO2 cartridge and 10-20 shot BB capacity in the magazine area. Composite stock, for around $250 if I remember right.
ditchtiger

Post by ditchtiger »

FrodoB wrote:Somewhere I saw a CO2 powered Mosin BB gun, with the CO2 cartridge and 10-20 shot BB capacity in the magazine area. Composite stock, for around $250 if I remember right.
Yes, and they sold out quickly.
Robertroadking

Post by Robertroadking »

I find it interesting that the mosin was their pick to test the market for this line. I would have thought the mauser or Springfield would appeal to a wider group of customers.
Is the worthless mosin the new Springfield?
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

IV8888 posted up a video on this. Shoots some gas cannisters, Flarp, bologna, and some pop cans:
https://www.full30.com/watch/MDIwNDc4/k ... PpnFb1G3yE
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

For $400, they should have made a mini PU sniper.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"