UK AKM

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Snayperskaya

UK AKM

Post by Snayperskaya »

Not semi-auto I know, as we aren't trusted to have a functioning gas system here in the UK, but here is my "Soviet-ised" Romanian AKM.

Would love to have it semi-auto but hey, we make do with what we can ;)

I have also fitted a PBS-1 rear sight as I sometimes shoot it with a Reflex KRS suppressor fitted
tjtM38

Re: UK AKM

Post by tjtM38 »

Well it looks great! My AK clone is a black rifle, so it is nice to see one with the wood and the bakelite magazine. I am surprised they even let you have something that looks like that in the UK. Guess Brexit won't change any of that for you. Trying to imagine what I would shoot over there if I was a citizen and I believe I could get all my kicks out of a No. 4 Mk 1 or 2 Enfield. Nice rifle you have. Come on over to Mississippi and we'll cook off a couple of semi-auto 30-round magazines in the AK just to see what it's like! Cheers, mate!
:British: :USA Flag:
Snayperskaya

Post by Snayperskaya »

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

AK's and AR type rifles are quite popular despite no gas system, though you can get pretty quick with a straight-pull AK ;).Pretty much anything from .17HMR to .50BMG plus goes regarding bolt action rifles so plenty of choice there and semi-auto shotguns are allowed as are semi-auto .22rf rifles.

This is one of my favourite rifles that I own, besides my Mosin PU.......
20170929_220028.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

I like that sniper rifle. Romanian?
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Nice shooters you have there.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Lavitias

Post by Lavitias »

tjtM38 wrote:I like that sniper rifle. Romanian?
Na it's definately Russian or Chinese. Romanian looks like a huge AK I should know I own a PSL the Mags also have a X on them not the waffle style like on a true SVD. Though it could possibly be a Yugo M91.

SVD on top PSL on the bottom hand guards give it away. As do Mags and Gas System.
► Show Spoiler
Snayperskaya

Post by Snayperskaya »

tjtM38 wrote:I like that sniper rifle. Romanian?
It's a Russian Dragunov, produced at Izhmash.People tend to confuse the Dragunov and the Romanian PSL but the Dragunov has a milled receiver and short stroke gas system whereas the PSL is essentially a big AK.
Eubankfan

Post by Eubankfan »

That is a fine rifle. So could you folks have a pump action AK like we had in the late 90' here is the US?