Romanian SKS Sling?

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
capt14k

Romanian SKS Sling?

Post by capt14k »

A longtime and big Finn Collector from the left coast thinks this is a Romanian SKS Sling. That would be great if it is because I need one and I understand they are rare. Can any of our SKS collectors confirm this is true?

ImageImageImage

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
capt14k

Re: Romanian SKS Sling?

Post by capt14k »

Someone else said this one is the Romanian SKS Sling. I would have thought for sure this was for a Finn Mosin.

Can anyone confirm which sling is what?

ImageImageImageImage

Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Most of the Romanian SKS slings I have dealt with have leather tabs and a D-ring at the back end with an adjustable buckle. The Romanian Mosin slings are usually leather, with an adjustment buckle and leather dog collars in place of the D-ring set up. I have seen these slings interchanged before.

The first post has a metal hook style which to me looks more Ak'ish, the bottom has no adjustable slide, and it looks more like a PPSh sling.

These are typically what is considered correct Romanian SKS slings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

Dann so not Romanian SKS. Maybe Romanian Mosin or Mauser?

zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Romanian I would say but maybe AK? Bill :?:
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

zeebill wrote:Romanian I would say but maybe AK? Bill :?:
Guess it doesn’t really matter anymore, Sold them as a lot with some other slings on Milsurp Lotto.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hellion

Post by Hellion »

For informative purposes, I can tell you without a doubt that the first one is a Bulgarian (Circle 10) AK sling. All that I have seen are stamped with the Circle 10 arsenal marking. Great high quality slings though and the leather end tabs are adjustable for width, adapting for wide or narrow sling swivels.

I have no idea what the second one is though but most military sling hardware is going to be blackened, blued or phosphated in some way for tactical purposes. This leads me to think it is a civilian hunting rifle sling especially since it has no adjustment slider.

The Bulgarian AK sling could serve as a decent 'facsimile' Romanian SKS sling if you remove the D ring (and you can, just by unbuttoning it). A short leather buckle (like a Mosin dog collar) could also be added to the D ring to replicate the same section on the Rom SKS sling.
Hellion

Post by Hellion »

EDIT: The second one with the belt buckles on each end appears to be a Romanian PPSH sling. That's a pretty rare sling and sort of a deluxe/premium compared to the typical canvas ones.
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

Hellion wrote:EDIT: The second one with the belt buckles on each end appears to be a Romanian PPSH sling. That's a pretty rare sling and sort of a deluxe/premium compared to the typical canvas ones.
I probably sold that one but I have to check. I always find out eastern european slings are rare after I sell them. Alsky has a rare fabric SVT-40 Sling he bought off of me on ebay for $20

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk