What's you're rarest or oddest mosin?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Tanners_m91

Re: What's you're rarest or oddest mosin?

Post by Tanners_m91 »

Haha, np. Tgats awesome you found all those and they are 91/30. I dint think I've seen anything later than 1922. Besides the 1920 izhevsk 91/30 that's priced insane

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

I have a few more 91/30's, some 1925's Tula & Izhevsk 1928 Tula ...M 91's I have an 1895 Tula finn, 1915 Izhevsk, 1916 Tula Peter the Great finn, 1917 Sestroyetsk finn, & a 1942 Tika on a 1896 Sestroyetsk.... also 1953 Polish M 44,.. Izhevsk m 38

Judi
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Tanners_m91

Post by Tanners_m91 »

Very nice!! I've got work ahead of me. Then again I'm at only 2 1/2 years atm.

1893 chatelleruralt
1905 izhevsk dragoon multiple cap
1915 Westinghouse
1918 Remington
1917 PTG
1916 sest
8mm blindee
1925 tula dragoon 41 finn
1925 tula dragoon SCW
1943 izhevsk ex sniper
1938 fake sniper
1952 polish m44

Waiting on hold atm
B-S m24
Sig m24
Tikka m91
Vkt m91
Maybe a 1907 idk yet.

Auction/ need
Izhevsk m91
Cossack
Blank barrel p series is in a auction I'm somehow winning [emoji38]

millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

...Blank barrel p series is in a auction I'm somehow winning ...

if you get this one, please post pics.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Tanners_m91

Post by Tanners_m91 »

millman wrote:...Blank barrel p series is in a auction I'm somehow winning ...

if you get this one, please post pics.
Mannn thank God you bid. I really hate I'll miss it but I forgot I have another auction going. Lol

millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

I did not bid. I already have a unmarked M91 with a relined barrel. I would like to compare them.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Tanners_m91

Post by Tanners_m91 »

Ahh, np. I thought it was cool and bid but figured it would jump past in the last few hours. Its definitely interesting

djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

Shown on here before.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tanners_m91

Post by Tanners_m91 »

djbuck1 wrote:Shown on here before.
Dangggg sunnn I'm jealous of that for real. Cossack is on my list but dang it's hard looking for them

kjohn

Post by kjohn »

My avatar says it all.
GOOD RIDDANCE LGR!! If there isn't a gun range in heaven, then I'm going to hell.
Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State. Heinrich Himmler
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

C. S. Lewis
Snayperskaya

Post by Snayperskaya »

djbuck1 wrote:Shown on here before.

Very nice indeed :)
Tanners_m91

Post by Tanners_m91 »

kjohn wrote:My avatar says it all.
What is that. That's a new one to me. It's not the Railroad one?

kjohn

Post by kjohn »

It’s a SAT barrel M91. Google SAT barrel. Some posts on here about them and Southern California Mosin Nagant collector site as well.
GOOD RIDDANCE LGR!! If there isn't a gun range in heaven, then I'm going to hell.
Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State. Heinrich Himmler
Tanners_m91

Post by Tanners_m91 »

Oh I didn't even think about that guy. Ice read about it but never seen an example

awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

My 1945 Izhevsk M44. Bore is pristine with original crown in excellent condition. I've shot it once or twice-thoroughly cleaned it and have no intention of shooting it any more.
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

My rarest would have to be a Finn captured PU sniper. All matching except the bolt and cleaning rod (I know, I know, it's not all matching then). I want to put this in the showcase, but I still haven't done my write up for it. I looked up information on these. The most detailed info I found was on a site titled Jaeger Platoon. I considered whether I need to ask for permission to use his site, or how to acknowledge the information I received. It is an excellent source for information on Finnish weapon usage. Anyway, according the site, there were only 206 captured PU snipers in Finnish Army inventory in the 1950s. I own one of the 206. The site also stated that Soviet snipers who were in danger of being capture were ordered to destroy their scopes. I would surmise that may be the reason the scope is not on the rifle and the reason the bent bolt was changed to a straight bolt--there was no need for a sniper bolt. Luckily, the rifle remained in it's original stock.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mosin Fanboy
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

My oddest Mosin is a 1916 Dragoon rifle. The rifle sits in an older stock with no crossbolt. By 1916, new stocks should have had crossbolts. It also has the 2nd pattern hand guard. There is no import mark on the rifle, and the cleaning rod head is like no other I've seen before. The rear sight was painted white. I don't know if this was done during war to aid a soldier, so I just left the paint on the site--it looks pretty old. Perhaps the original stock was damaged, and this stock was available as replacement, I don't know. The bolt is also partially blued. You can see the line between bluing and white on the bolt parts.
Mosin Fanboy
Tanners_m91

Post by Tanners_m91 »

Willyj I've also got a very strange dragoon

1905 with some kind of re serial and unit mark, reblued and finn SA/ stock. Stock is sanded and has SCW hangers ImageImage

willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

I think the 2k and serial renumbering was done by Germany. I don't know if that is also an upside down L2, a 2 and an upside down 7, or a 37 on the receiver.
Mosin Fanboy