Anyone Here Claim This Woman?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
RugerNut

Anyone Here Claim This Woman?

Post by RugerNut »

I'm not going to say ANYTHING! :whistle: (Watch the cleaning rod. :roll: )

https://youtu.be/zt1CKzWOtB8
Lavitias

Re: Anyone Here Claim This Woman?

Post by Lavitias »

Looks like a good way to launch your cleaning rod down range. But hey at least she owns a gun.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Old video, 2011, at least she didn't put her hand in front of the muzzle trying to resecure the rod while the weapon was hot.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
RugerNut

Post by RugerNut »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Old video, 2011, at least she didn't put her hand in front of the muzzle trying to resecure the rod while the weapon was hot.
I didn't notice the date.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Notice the flinch she had before pulling the trigger a few times? Worst I have seen in some time.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

That is my brother.....
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

SA1911a1 wrote:That is my brother.....
He's not going to be happy to see you outing him on the internet like this.... to be fair, that looks like a woman to me, not a guy, and not old enough to be your brother.
Theodore Roosevelt
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:

Why are guys so threatened when a woman makes a gun vid. ? How many of you had to watch it a second time,...to watch the rifle, her hands, sighting the target, appling safety,....did she hit target? Maybe she has a M91 cleaning rod instead of a 91/30 cleaning rod. Least she was shooting, collecting, and believes and enjoys her 2nd.

Seen a whole bunch of idiot guys making gun videos ....and even more that should not be around a gun, until taught the basic operations and safety. My early teen years, most days were spent on the USMC range with my Dad shooting M-14's. When I was fifteen I scored 286 out of 300, shooting a M-14 USMC expert badge ranking. ... :music2.gif:

You guys need to take your wives, girl friends, and daughters out shooting more.....just my :2cents:
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Judi and her Mosins wrote::soapbox:

Why are guys so threatened when a woman makes a gun vid. ? How many of you had to watch it a second time,...to watch the rifle, her hands, sighting the target, appling safety,....did she hit target? Maybe she has a M91 cleaning rod instead of a 91/30 cleaning rod. Least she was shooting, collecting, and believes and enjoys her 2nd.

Seen a whole bunch of idiot guys making gun videos ....and even more that should not be around a gun, until taught the basic operations and safety. My early teen years, most days were spent on the USMC range with my Dad shooting M-14's. When I was fifteen I scored 286 out of 300, shooting a M-14 USMC expert badge ranking. ... :music2.gif:

You guys need to take your wives, girl friends, and daughters out shooting more.....just my :2cents:

I critique them all Judi, male and female, I can spot the ones who received shitty training right away, or worse, they learned " how" to shoot by watching youtube videos. The loose cleaning rod tells me she didn't safety check her weapon before loading it or she would have caught that loose rod. She didn't safety check it because that rule wasn't drummed into her early on the first day before she picked up a weapon. The flinch is a learned habit, probably from not working her way up to large caliber rifles starting with a .22, she knows they punch, has been hit by that buttplate before, and is expecting it again. She does complain about the trigger, but that's not it, what is a problem is she is not familiar with that trigger before firing the rifle. That tells me she picked up a weapon that possibly doesn't belong to her, didn't familiarize herself with that weapon first by taking it down and examining it's parts for problems. If she had then the triggers issues would have been known to her. A two minute inspection of a borrowed rifle would have familiarized her with a two stage trigger, it would not have been a surprise. I am amazed at how many times I see this, people will blindly accept a rifle that is not their own, or fresh out of a box, and fire it. I have no way of knowing if this video poster checked the headspace but as she isn't familiar with the trigger then probably not. She's just like one of the kids I see who "learn" weapons from video games, then buy the real thing and head for the range thinking because they can handle it in some game that now they are a competent trained shooter.

It's good that these kids want to own and shoot these rifles, boys and girls both, because in the Red Army both sex's would have seen combat with these weapons. Problem is they need to seek out someone who can drill them in the basics of weapons handling and the issues that can come up with shooting 100 year old rifles, and it seems many are not doing that. The Red Army recruit hopefully would have had some crusty old Sergeant, or other more experienced soldier to teach them the basics, but increasingly it seems all these kids have is videos. The video poster didn't place her hand in front of the muzzle while the weapon was hot to adjust the rod, but I suspect it's because she just didn't notice it creeping out.

Girls should be given weapons training as soon as they are old enough to lift the weapons, no matter if they want that training or not. When things go to shit, as I suspect they shortly will, life becomes much harder for females of any age than for males. Predators who realize there are no consequences will do as they please unless they are stopped dead by a bullet.

A few years back I had a 12 year old correctly explain to me how to field strip an M1 rifle, how to load it, attach and remove the bayonet, all apparently learned from some video game. He had no clue what " Garand thumb" was, proper positioning of the buttplate in the shoulder pocket or what happens if you don't. How to clear a jam, or deal with a failure to fire situation, and had no clue about the basics of safe weapons handling. When is a rifle loaded? " When the whatever in the game says it is". Nice, weapons are always loaded kid, I don't give a rats ass if you personally unloaded the rounds ten seconds ago, and then never took eyes off the weapon, treat it like it's always loaded and maybe you don't lose a toe some day, or your buddy his head.

Never take what you see in a youtube video at face value. These people have an advertising partnership with youtube, the more people watch the videos the more money they make. Too many of these video makers are acting, plain and simple, they are acting, and hoping to do it well enough to keep you watching. This video had advertising on it so the crew making it, the woman with the rifle, and whoever operates the camera, are doing this for the purposes of making money. My gun videos have advertising on them also, I make penny's, maybe a dollar or two in the last few years, but for some it's a serious money making operation. I just wish they had someone advising them on the proper way to handle military surplus rifles, and maybe they could explain how and why we follow the basic rules of safety. As they go this video wasn't nearly as bad as some I have seen, the ones were the village idiot is given a weapon and then filmed.
Theodore Roosevelt
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Anyone notice the guy shooting the pistol when he turned to talk to someone? Damn near pointed it directly at her... Either way, the guy was a fool...

I noticed a ton of flinches and based on where the bullets were landing do you think she was actually aiming at the target???
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Probably not, the object was to make a video that people would watch about the rifle, flinching like that the results wouldn't have been optimal. Yes, I saw the other guy, reason # 79,638 why I do not shoot at public ranges. These people are the public, if I walked on a range and saw filming going on I would have about faced and marched out. It's distracting to other shooters as we saw, and I don't want my mug on someone's TV wielding firearms. Videos like this should be made on a private range, but not everyone has access to one. Never forget that the public is dangerous and unpredictable, never turn your back on them.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Having to work for a living I didn't have time to watch any of her other videos, assuming she kept making them in the last eight years. Possibly she improves.
Theodore Roosevelt
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

Loose cleaning rods happen occasionally. I have a straight Gew 88 that needs a new retention nut and some acraglass. If I know that a rifle has a loose cleaning rod, I'll fix the issue that causes it to work loose. In this case, it's that the channel is so worn that the retention nut will fall out. I suspect that the stock is not original to the rifle, but would have to check that before even possibly thinking of replacing the stock. Most German rifles of that era had the stock matched to the other parts.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

qz2026 wrote:Anyone notice the guy shooting the pistol when he turned to talk to someone? Damn near pointed it directly at her... Either way, the guy was a fool...

I noticed a ton of flinches and based on where the bullets were landing do you think she was actually aiming at the target???
When people don't shoot much, flinching is the thing they do. Cosmoline Jean, she made two sticky bolts to deal with. The first rifle she had looked like a M-44 hand guard on a 91/30, at the beginning.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
vandeda

Post by vandeda »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: Yes, I saw the other guy, reason # 79,638 why I do not shoot at public ranges.
You don't need a public range to find people doing mindless acts. I had a friend who I trusted had knowledge about weapons ... and I had zero as the last time I shot something, I think I was in middle school in the boy scouts. Anyway, we went out with his friend who was a weapons trainer in the military. I don't remember exactly what my buddy was doing since this was awhile ago now, but he turned partially around. He had a chambered, safety off (at least finger off trigger) 300 magnum that he pointed right at me from about 6 feet away. Suffice it to say ... I don't shoot with him.
GT_80

Post by GT_80 »

I flinched when she flinched on the trigger.

I wish my wife would try a Mosin- She shot my AR15 once, and said it was "too powerful" so I am not hopeful...
1935r Izhevsk hex receiver 91/30, serial number 407, laminated stock
1942r Izhevsk round receiver 91/30 re-arsenal "parts built" gun
1944r Izhevsk round receiver M44 very smooth action