They're Back!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
RugerNut

They're Back!

Post by RugerNut »

CLASSIC FIREARMS has a shipment of 91/30's from Ukraine. I just received the email.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/video/n ... 9073071367
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: They're Back!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

$300, or $450 for Tula ex dragoon dates ( out of stock) They can't tell you if they all have deep struck numbers because the box's are sealed..... I guess nobody opened them to record the serial numbers into the bound book, or to check that the correct rifle was in the box if the serial numbers were listed on the outside of the box. Make no mistake, they know exactly what they are selling you, anything other would be shit poor business practice.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

The buyers should yell, "RAPE", when buying from Classic.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
RugerNut

Post by RugerNut »

YIKES! I thought I was doing a good thing by telling possible buyers there were MN's for sale. Should I just not say anything in the future?
:kilgo:
AMCHornet

Post by AMCHornet »

They'll sell very quickly even at those prices. Demand for them is high and supply is low. That means the price sky rockets until equilibrium is reached.

Those prices are double what I paid a year or two ago. I'm not selling any time soon. I'm just going to sit on my inventory.
I'm just here for the free coffee mug and tee shirt. :vcool:
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Could somebody thats Russian with business in the Ukraine bring rifles in from Russia and sell them "from the Ukraine", getting around the sanctions?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

RugerNut wrote:YIKES! I thought I was doing a good thing by telling possible buyers there were MN's for sale. Should I just not say anything in the future?
:chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: It's fine, we just get a kick out of people selling rifles for $300-$400 that we were paying $55 for just a handful of years ago.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Junk Yard Dog wrote: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: It's fine, we just get a kick out of people selling rifles for $300-$400 that we were paying $55 for just a handful of years ago.
Keep going. I'd like to go to the Bahamas after I retire!!
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

If you want a good Mosin Nagant shop Gunbroker or check the for sale sections on Forums. They are out there... And much better than the ones from Classic.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
RugerNut

Post by RugerNut »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
RugerNut wrote:YIKES! I thought I was doing a good thing by telling possible buyers there were MN's for sale. Should I just not say anything in the future?
:chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: It's fine, we just get a kick out of people selling rifles for $300-$400 that we were paying $55 for just a handful of years ago.
WOW! Do I ever remember those days! But, it was the late 80's, early 90's that I was paying $49.95-$69.95 for them out of THE SHOTGUN NEWS. The only thing I could see back then was making BOO-KOO $$$$ from re-selling them.
What I'm about to type might get me banned from here. I was talking to my best friend back in FL. last night. We were talking about MN's and the current prices, and how we used to buy them for so cheap. Then, he reminded me of the one I sold for $125 with the scope! I had TOTALLY forgot all about that one! He said,"You know what that was, right?" It was a PU Sniper.
:bonk: :furious:
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

First snipers back in the early days went for $800 (about). RGUNS were the first ones to get a large quanity of them and they started around $700, but went to $800 pretty fast. If you bought that one for $150, then it was from someone that did n't know what they had because they never went that cheap from anyone that i know of.

They had a lot of FAKE PU snipers that went down to that price, but not real ones.
RugerNut

Post by RugerNut »

dolk wrote:First snipers back in the early days went for $800 (about). RGUNS were the first ones to get a large quanity of them and they started around $700, but went to $800 pretty fast. If you bought that one for $150, then it was from someone that did n't know what they had because they never went that cheap from anyone that i know of.

They had a lot of FAKE PU snipers that went down to that price, but not real ones.
I sold it for $125. I honestly don't know what I paid for it, but I guarantee it wasn't over $75. My friend seems to think it WAS a PU. I didn't even remember selling that one until he reminded me last night. From what I remember, the scope did look like a PU scope (I think?). Man, that was 1988 or 89.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I guess the "hand select" option is selecting the prettiest box out of five? More like a hand job.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Back then the market was flooded with fake PU's, some at least looked similar to a real PU, others were made on hex receiver ex dragoons, or out of M91's, stupid crap like that. By the first decade of the 21st century we were up and running, I remember hardly a week went by when we didn't have to tell someone they spent real money for fake crap. I was not buying many Mosins in the late 1980's being as I was preoccupied with grabbing every US milsurp that came my way at the time. I did buy some, and fortunately they are some of the good ones, like Finn M91's and Finn M38 carbine, the M28/30 and so on.
Theodore Roosevelt
RugerNut

Post by RugerNut »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Back then the market was flooded with fake PU's, some at least looked similar to a real PU, others were made on hex receiver ex dragoons, or out of M91's, stupid crap like that. By the first decade of the 21st century we were up and running, I remember hardly a week went by when we didn't have to tell someone they spent real money for fake crap. I was not buying many Mosins in the late 1980's being as I was preoccupied with grabbing every US milsurp that came my way at the time. I did buy some, and fortunately they are some of the good ones, like Finn M91's and Finn M38 carbine, the M28/30 and so on.
That's where you and I differ. You KNEW what the good/real ones were. I had no clue! As I stated before, all I saw was $$$$ signs. Believe me, I really feel like kicking my OWN arse for being so blind back then! Can you imagine what I possibly let slip thru my hands? I do remember quite a few hex receivers though. I just wish I had paid more attention to what I was selling.
As far as SKS's and AK-47's, that's another arse kicking I deserve!
:donk: :hammer:
RugerNut

Post by RugerNut »

SA1911a1 wrote:I guess the "hand select" option is selecting the prettiest box out of five? More like a hand job.
Man, that's frickin' hilarious! :lol: :chuckles:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

RugerNut wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:Back then the market was flooded with fake PU's, some at least looked similar to a real PU, others were made on hex receiver ex dragoons, or out of M91's, stupid crap like that. By the first decade of the 21st century we were up and running, I remember hardly a week went by when we didn't have to tell someone they spent real money for fake crap. I was not buying many Mosins in the late 1980's being as I was preoccupied with grabbing every US milsurp that came my way at the time. I did buy some, and fortunately they are some of the good ones, like Finn M91's and Finn M38 carbine, the M28/30 and so on.
That's where you and I differ. You KNEW what the good/real ones were. I had no clue! As I stated before, all I saw was $$$$ signs. Believe me, I really feel like kicking my OWN arse for being so blind back then! Can you imagine what I possibly let slip thru my hands? I do remember quite a few hex receivers though. I just wish I had paid more attention to what I was selling.
As far as SKS's and AK-47's, that's another arse kicking I deserve!
:donk: :hammer:
Knew? Not likely, the US and Euro stuff yes, I had been collecting that stuff for years and reading about them even longer. The commie and Finn stuff we didn't start to see a lot of until the end of the USSR. No internet, no books on these rifles, no knowledge past the most basic " it's an old Russkie gun" I bought an M28/30 for less than forty bucks, neither the seller nor myself had any idea what it was and I wouldn't for another ten years. We knew what an M91 was, they made them here, past that nobody knew, and worse, few cared at that time. People have given me Chinese type 53's back then just so they could get rid of them. You didn't miss much with the SKS, all that was around back then were Chinese models being churned out for the US market, they worked but who cared. The good stuff came in later in the 90's, Soviet, Yugo, and so on, real nice ones. AK's also, I remember looking over Chinese AK's at a flea market back around '88-'89, I was not impressed, cheap, poorly finished wood. I looked over a Bulgarian SLR95 in the late 90's and that was a work of art. Anyway, all of that crap took a back seat to GI Joes rifle, the M1, or his fathers rifle, the M1903.
Theodore Roosevelt
PP Gogol

Post by PP Gogol »

I particularly liked:

"We say in the video that the rifles we have seen have nice original serial #'s in heavy case lettering and that is true.... We make no guarantees in regards to original serial #'s either matching or otherwise."

I guess the Law of the Excluded Middle is unheard-of there.
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

"Ishevisk" & "Acrylic Markings".....3 minutes in to the video & I see Ben is still as knowledgeable as ever. Apparently, he got the memo about wearing a boys size small shirt not looking right so he's upsized to a boys medium.
AMCHornet

Post by AMCHornet »

One of my friends got the deal of a lifetime in March of 2017. He knew somebody who had a crate of 91/30's and was selling them, so he went to the guy's house and took his pick of rifles in the crate. He paid $100 for an average 1942 Izhevsk.
I'm just here for the free coffee mug and tee shirt. :vcool: