Remington 870 express jamming???

Everything shotgun discussed here.
Sonny

Remington 870 express jamming???

Post by Sonny »

Yes my sweet little 28 gauge Remington express was having ejection problems.Seems that a lot of new 870 express's are in the same boat.
Shoot a round or two and then gun won't eject,hell you can't even pull the forearm back. :vsad:

Anyway google is your friend and this guy gave me the cure. :thumbsup:

Just passing this along incase anyone else has ejecting problems with an express.

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlGoxNsaieE&t=6s[/bbvideo]
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Remington 870 express jamming???

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Don't know, never had that issue with my Winchesters or Mossberg's, or Stevens, or High Standards, or Ithaca's
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Don't know, never had that issue with my Winchesters or Mossberg's, or Stevens, or High Standards, or Ithaca's
Or Wingmasters.. lol :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I heard whispers that Remington was having quality control issues with the Marlin product line, looks like that has spread to the Remington line also. I am told that they lost a lot of experienced people when they moved Marlin to their own Remington facilities. If you had returned the shotgun to Remington they would have fixed it. Last brand new from the dealer shotgun I bought was a Mossberg 500 in 1984, I prefer vintage firearms, and I am cheap, used is good enough for commercial sport firearms. I save the big money for milsurps.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Sonny wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:Don't know, never had that issue with my Winchesters or Mossberg's, or Stevens, or High Standards, or Ithaca's
Or Wingmasters.. lol :thumbsup:
No problem with my 12 ga wingmaster in 35 yrs.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"