C & R Licence

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
rideandslidejim

C & R Licence

Post by rideandslidejim »

Hello All

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but, what is the correct procedure to turn in your C & R Licence ? i want to start selling of my collection ?

Many Thanks Jim
Member of the Lousy Spellers Of America Asso.
qz2026

Re: C & R Licence

Post by qz2026 »

Why would you want to "turn it in" to sell your guns? You could just let it expire.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

qz2026 wrote:Why would you want to "turn it in" to sell your guns? You could just let it expire.
"correct procedure to turn in your C & R License", as in the right way to file,for a C&R and get one. Not surrender it.

Get the form
Fill it out
put your money in with it and mail off
wait

Just not sure any more if you need one to sell rifles. The person buying the rifle needs a license or have access to a FFL holder.
However, some FFL's willl not take a firearm from a non-licensed seller for their client.

Dolk
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

dolk wrote:
qz2026 wrote:Why would you want to "turn it in" to sell your guns? You could just let it expire.
"correct procedure to turn in your C & R License", as in the right way to file,for a C&R and get one. Not surrender it.

Get the form
Fill it out
wait

Just not sure any more if you need one to sell rifles. The person buying the rifle needs a license or have access to a FFL holder.
However, some FFL's willl not take a firearm from a non-licensed seller for their client.

Dolk
Yep, you don't want to turn in yours if you are about to sell. Most FFL 01's won't accept something from a non license holder. Most will from a C&R 03. You will need it to ship rifles.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

OK, as I see what he is asking.....

He wants to "turn in" his application for a C&R license. I don't think he is wanting to "turn in" his license (that he doesn't have yet) in to the BATF.

Go Here ....... app.php/page/32
It's an old page but it will get you to where you want to be.

Dolk
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

dolk wrote:

Get the form
Fill it out
wait

Dolk
Cali rules don't cover the whole nation Thank God! I dropped my C&R License many years ago and many times have traded rifles with local gun shops and they just take a name and address occasionally but not even all the time. Local trades are 90% of what goes on at shows and sales around here.

Dolk[/quote]
Yep, you don't want to turn in yours if you are about to sell. Most FFL 01's won't accept something from a non license holder. Most will from a C&R 03. You will need it to ship rifles.[/quote]

ATF here allows you to turn in your license keep the rifles and get rid of them as you please. Disallowing restrictive state rules in their eyes. Now as far as what your 2 amendment hating state allows I wouldn't know or care as I try to eliminate doing business there if possible. See that is my choice just as you have a choice of where you decide to live. Bill
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Selling listed, (in your bound book), firearms under an active C&R license is considered, "Doing Business" and is forbidden under BATF rules. If caught you will be fined and do some time in Club Fed. A C&R license allows you to collect not sell.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

zeebill wrote: ATF here allows you to turn in your license keep the rifles and get rid of them as you please. Disallowing restrictive state rules in their eyes. Now as far as what your 2 amendment hating state allows I wouldn't know or care as I try to eliminate doing business there if possible. See that is my choice just as you have a choice of where you decide to live. Bill
Well, You can get rid of my 03FFL here also and keep and sell your rifle as you want, so your mis informed about California as most are.

Not sell to anyone in California is the same as backing the anti gun guys here, in my book. I treat those who refuse to selll to California the same as an antigun nut here. By refusing, you are backing them and their attempts to keep me from buying what I want. In other words, you are helping them block sale to California. For that I am twice as hard on those people then I am against antigun crazies.

Now if it becomes impossible for you to sell to California because of laws California put in, I understand that. That is our battle and problem here. But to just say I'm not selling there because they made it uncomfortable is lame. Of coarse you can sell it other places easier (maybe), but you have an opportunity to stick your finger in there eye and you decided not to do that and back their plans because you really don't believe in the 2nd amendment. Only when it is easy for you.

Sorry, but this is a subject that really pisses me off. Most people who have this "attitude" are people who are in business to make money on the firearms. Not collectors and individuals. Most of the time they don't understand the choice they made is really anti gun. That I understand.

But here is something to chew on. I don't give a damn what you want in your stqate. If these guys succeed in these big states like California, New York, NJ, FL, and so on, it will become law in your state too. You may say that will never happen, but if they control the Congress, and Presidency, they will take your guns too. There will be nothing you can do but bury them in the back yard. One thing I have heard for years now is, "I'll die defending my right to own a firearm". When the time comes, they cut and run every time. I have lived it, you in those "protected states" have not.

Good luck when 2nd amendment falls out here and you refuse to help out. I'm sure you will be able to count on us for help when your time comes! (my ass).

Dolk
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Longcolt44 wrote:Selling listed, (in your bound book), firearms under an active C&R license is considered, "Doing Business" and is forbidden under BATF rules. If caught you will be fined and do some time in Club Fed. A C&R license allows you to collect not sell.
Not quite Chuck.

It allows you to buy and sell to improve your collection. Now if you are just selling and too much and adding stock to selll, they will come down on it. But I have never heard of anyone running in to that problem. Ever. I buy and sell as I wish. That is what it is for. For the most part, California ignores the 03FFL firearms and collectors. Even out local Police Chief said he was not interested in me as a "collector". Now, if I was a seller....(O1FFL), then that would be a different story. 01FFL dealers have restrictions that the 03FFL does not here. I can buy a C&R firearm from out of state and they don't care. If my neighbor decides to buy on he has to go to a 01FFL dealer. they have to setup the deal and the person selling the rifle from out of state haqs to get a permit to send the rifle to the 01FFL dealer in the state. That is the states way of screwing with the 01FFL dealer. Us, (03FFL dealers) they don't care about.

Fact is, I can walk into a gun store here in California and buy a C&R firearm and walk out with it with my license. No waiting. They don't care about C&R except handguns. Only restriction there is from out of state. In state I can buy and carry. Outside I have to go through a 01FFL dealer and all his restrictions. But, I can take a drive over the boarder and buy a C&R handgun and carry it back into Calif, and that is OK. Go figure.

Dolk