Some....amusing reading.

What other "hobbies" and "Collections" do you have. Post them here!
NEW Forum!
Come on!, we know you have some!
entropy

Some....amusing reading.

Post by entropy »

While researching something almost totally unrelated I found this gem, written in 1992:

https://uknowledge.uky.edu/cgi/viewcont ... disclosure

I personally think it says more about the author's psycho-sexual make up than about most gun owners. And what it says is quite amusing. Sadly, some of the 'more educated' amongst anti-gunners think this way, projecting their own fears and inadequacies on us. And since they find it abhorrent, they work to 'save us' from ourselves. :roll: Because, of course, they know better than us what is best for us. This is the core belief (or rationalization) behind their insisting on control. They and their ilk have a very poor track record.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Some....amusing reading.

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

entropy wrote:While researching something almost totally unrelated I found this gem, written in 1992:

https://uknowledge.uky.edu/cgi/viewcont ... disclosure

I personally think it says more about the author's psycho-sexual make up than about most gun owners. And what it says is quite amusing. Sadly, some of the 'more educated' amongst anti-gunners think this way, projecting their own fears and inadequacies on us. And since they find it abhorrent, they work to 'save us' from ourselves. :roll: Because, of course, they know better than us what is best for us. This is the core belief (or rationalization) behind their insisting on control. They and their ilk have a very poor track record.
Never gave a shit what the leftists think, they leave me alone and I won't have to kill them one day. People who leave individual freedoms alone are the people who founded this country, fought, bled, suffered and died for it. People who want to take freedoms away are Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and every other control freak who wanted to rule the world. It's too bad we can't identify them at birth and kill them right then so the rest of us can live in peace. You know this story will eventually end in blood, that's how it always ends. It's what happens when a society gets to the point were things are easy, hard work is needed less and less, too many people forget what it was like to have to fight for things, to fight to survive in a hostile world. They become soft and entitled, willing to hand over responsibility to somebody else and then once they do that they come to fear those who take responsibility for themselves. Or rather hate them because while they would never admit it they know deep inside that they don't measure up to those people who still believe in self reliance and personal responsibility, thus a huge inferiority complex forms. I read that load of crap, now I am going back to my movie were The Rock fights giant animals, it's far more entertaining.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

So, Jim, I presume that means you somewhat disagree with the learned man's conclusions? :wink:
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Opinions are like assholes, everybody got one. J.W. Gibsons ain't worth a cat turd.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Finally found...The guy that can talk out of his ass.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

SA1911a1 wrote:So, Jim, I presume that means you somewhat disagree with the learned man's conclusions? :wink:
50 pounds of bullshit in a five pound sack.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt