What is the going rate of 91/30’s and T-53’s?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Themosinkid95

What is the going rate of 91/30’s and T-53’s?

Post by Themosinkid95 »

I’ve been out of the Mosin Game for a while and I’d love to start collecting them again. Between building up my domestic military rifle collection and other random firearms I have traded off my old Mosin’s, I was wondering what the going rate for Mosin Nagants in the southeast United States is going to, I don’t ever see them in gun shops anymore.
"Just when they think you're retreatin',you attack!"- Jeb Stuart
racerguy00

Re: What is the going rate of 91/30’s and T-53’s?

Post by racerguy00 »

Refurb 91/30s seem to run $250 bottom end to $350+ depending on location. I haven't seen any t53s local in a while so not sure there.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

$200- $300 for either for online places to look. Depending on condition. I don't know about gunshow prices. I reckon $ there' creepin up slowly.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Down here in the Panhandle the gunshow prices have been in $250.00 - $350.00 range leaning towards the higher side. Privates sales a little lower, still can find $200.00 deals online from time to time. I just stumble onto those while looking for parts etc online.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

A lot. Depends of the seller. You might find a nice old lady selling off her late husbands collection and pick up one for $150 or less. Or you could buy it off GB and pay $350, or buy one of mine and pay the not for sale price of two grand. I highly recommend buying one of mine :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

ffuries wrote:Down here in the Panhandle the gunshow prices have been in $250.00 - $350.00 range leaning towards the higher side. Privates sales a little lower, still can find $200.00 deals online from time to time. I just stumble onto those while looking for parts etc online.
I see a lot of asking prices for 91/30s in the $300.00-$350.00 ballpark at shows and on pawn/gun shelves, but I don't see a lot of them walking out the doors. I have had several nice 91/30s on consignment at a fairly decent gun shop and they are not moving at that price point. The shop owner wants to keep the price up until after August and I am fine with that. He thinks they will move when the hunting crowds start coming in. Summer is the doldrums for gun shops; income tax money is gone, hunting season is too far in the future, Christmas is a long way off and family vacations are straining budgets. I will be taking him some T-53s if he is able to move the 91/30s, but I am having my doubts.

I got him to put in his display case and list a non-import and non refurbished Nagant revolver and I was not impressed with his GB listing and it got no bids at $500.00. I am not sure a change of season is going to help a lot. I really hope to avoid the drama of selling guns on GB, but I may have little choice.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

Was up at our local Cabelas yesterday and for the first time in very long time, they had a large number of Mosin's sitting on the racks. There were probably about 20 or so in all. None of them had the recent large billboards on them, if they were marked it was a very small stamping on the left front of the receiver. I haven't seen that particular stamping before but I left the reading glasses at home so could give you to much more detail about the stamping, my close up eye sight sucks. most of them were 1942-1944 stamped but there was at least 1 1930 Tula, 1 1923 or 1927 Izhevsk ex-dragoon and at least 1 MO stamped, uncertain about the year.

So while it was nice to see them, the price tags were all $349. Not surprising for Cabelas. I'm more curious where they found them. I asked but the guy I was talking to had no idea.
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
Thagomizer

Post by Thagomizer »

Was at the Cabela's in Dundee Michigan 2 weeks ago and they also had about a dozen. Price was the same or slightly higher.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Very likely they bought them from a collector, or the collectors estate auction.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Cabela's has had buyers at several local auctions I have hit lately and they buy at stupid ridiculous prices from what I have seen. So I presume that is the reason their furb prices are $349 round receiver and hex are $399. They nailed a bunch of Swedes for top dollar at the one auction and their prices at the two stores I hit were sky high. If they buy from collectors at the store they pay little or nothing so you may get lucky once in awhile. Bill :wink:
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:A lot. Depends of the seller. You might find a nice old lady selling off her late husbands collection and pick up one for $150 or less. Or you could buy it off GB and pay $350, or buy one of mine and pay the not for sale price of two grand. I highly recommend buying one of mine :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:lol:

I do not think so....You would not sell ANY of your guns for $5,000 and a kiss on the cheek... :tongue:
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

I’m pretty much done buying 91/30’s. On the other hand, I’ll probably be moving quite a few this fall... I’m seeing a lot of T-53’s with starting prices of $250 up for non marchers... Some are pretty nice and, anymore, probably worth the price. Not sure if they are moving or not. The matching ones are going for as high as $400 anymore. That said, there are a bunch of new buyers out there who don’t think twice about paying the premium prices being asked. The collectors aren’t as interested unless something special comes up.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Judi and her Mosins wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:A lot. Depends of the seller. You might find a nice old lady selling off her late husbands collection and pick up one for $150 or less. Or you could buy it off GB and pay $350, or buy one of mine and pay the not for sale price of two grand. I highly recommend buying one of mine :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I do not think so....You would not sell ANY of your guns for $5,000 and a kiss on the cheek... :tongue:
Any of my 91/30's for $500 and a :wink:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Judi and her Mosins wrote:

40 years playing with antiques from old bottles, watches, guns, coins, cars, tools, telephones, talking machines, records, lamps, and other things I have learned that almost anything is for sale if you hit the right price. There will always be things that people will not sell because it was beloved great great grandpop's or something like that. Problem is when you are dealing with someone who doesn't have to or want to sell something then you can expect to pay well over full market price for it. With the exception of a few items that have family attachments I would sell anything, but the price would be high, begging would be involved, and sweeteners like plying me with juicy hamburgers for weeks while offering increasingly larger amounts of cash. I once wanted a new in the box H&R 1873 trapdoor carbine very badly. The owner was a friend of mine who ran a small gunshop, I knew he had the carbine at home after he made the mistake of showing it off one day. Problem was his wife really liked that carbine and told him never to sell it or face her wrath. I just kept upping the offers every other month or so, one day my offer hit that magic number in his head, the number that was irresistible to him, and his wife was out of town that week. He thought about it for a few days and then called me as I was heading out the door to a funeral. I made an emergency detour to grab the rifle before he changed his mind, gave him a big stack of bills and bolted out the door with MY new 1873 trapdoor carbine. I just made the service, fellow gun collector, I was a pallbearer, he would have understood. As the minister droned on all I could think of was come on already, yea, yea, lets get the show on the road, I need to get home and run off some 45/55/405's so I can play with the new carbine.
Theodore Roosevelt