1906 Izhevsk M 91/30 Finn ...with a cool sling.

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Judi and her Mosins

1906 Izhevsk M 91/30 Finn ...with a cool sling.

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:

A dear friend gave me the tip on this one (Racerguy). Faster then JYD could ditch me, leaving me at McDonalds I was on it. Any ideas on the sling ? Really one of my better Mosins now. Really fits in with my collection of early 91/30's .

1906 Izhevsk M 91/30 SA marked

If you need more pictures,...just ask.

Well,...any ideas on the sling ?...Kind of strange 91/30 compared to my others, all matching, blade front sight, leather sling, old collars, had cosmoline in it still....smells really nice thou ... :brolleyes:

;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
SA1911a1

Re: 1906 Izhevsk M 91/30 Finn ...with a cool sling.

Post by SA1911a1 »

Would you please take some detailed photos of that sling. I believe I have the same sling. I have asked around all of the likely sources and can find no information about it; a lot of speculation, but no information.

Thanks
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

SA1911a1 wrote:Would you please take some detailed photos of that sling. I believe I have the same sling. I have asked around all of the likely sources and can find no information about it; a lot of speculation, but no information.

Thanks

here you go.....

Hope someone can ID this for me......Thanks !
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That looks a lot nicer quality that anything the Soviets made for the Mosin. Looks more commercial, nice fit. MacDonald's? I only eat that when the Old Man has a hankering for it and brings it back for lunch, I prefer the local diner for a decent burger, been going there so long they know how I like it made and haven't screwed it up in over fifteen years. Better fries at the diner also, plus I can get them with real gravy there.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Homer2

Post by Homer2 »

I got one just like it on a Finn M38 several years ago. I think it was identified as a Romanian or Hungarian sling.

Sent from my 502SO using Tapatalk
uberjon

Post by uberjon »

It’s a Romanian sks sling with dog collars added. It’s pretty desirable for someone with a Romanian SKS as they are kind of hard to come by.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

uberjon wrote:It’s a Romanian sks sling with dog collars added. It’s pretty desirable for someone with a Romanian SKS as they are kind of hard to come by.
100% right I believe. It kind of figures too as parts of one countries sling were used with parts from another source. Nothing Mosin about it except the dog collars maybe. Bill
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I have a set of those pig skin dog collars on a Finn 91/30 too. The sling is a nice looking one. Looks like new
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

bunkysdad wrote:I have a set of those pig skin dog collars on a Finn 91/30 too. The sling is a nice looking one. Looks like new
Yeah that's my maybe as those dog collars have been found on so many different countries Mosins your guess is as good as mine where they arrived here from! :o Bill
ssg_lord

Post by ssg_lord »

Nice looking Finn'd Ex-Dragoon, I have one of those too. I've always wondered if rifles like these were converted into Ex-Dragoons by the Soviets pre-war and then captured by the Finn's or captured by the Finn's as Dragoons and then rebuilt into Ex-Dragoons by them. Not sure if anyone's ever answered that question.