Russin Surplus 7.62x54R $74.94/440rds Delivered

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

I'm listing this here because this is specific to the Mosin Nagant and is the best price on the ammo to come along in a long time. It's Rusian 70's-80's surplus in rusted tins but the ammo is in the same shape as any other. This is especially good for those of you that plan to open the cans right away but would probably be ok even if it was left in the tins. This is a smoking deal and I suspect it won't last long. Openers are not included so you'll have to open them with openers you all ready have or with the screwdriver or chisle and hammer method. http://www.copesdistributing.net/russia ... -4531.html to get an idea how this compares to other deals you can look here http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=7.62x54R

Last edited by WeldonHunter on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Russin Surplus 7.62x54R $74.94/440rds Delivered

Post by Rongo »

A good deal. 8-)
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Rongoman wrote:A good deal. 8-)
Yeah it is. I corrected the link to the deal too, DOH! I was in the process of posting it on gun-deals too but posted it here first because I wanted to show you guys first and I put the link to the picture I was using for the submission. Man I need more coffee.
Fred_G

Post by Fred_G »

That is a good price. Thanks for the link WeldonHunter.
dou44

Post by dou44 »

who cares about the can anyway i want what is inside.down to 2 casesand need more. thanks for the heads up.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

dou44 wrote:who cares about the can anyway i want what is inside.down to 2 casesand need more. thanks for the heads up.
Yeah well my thoughts exactly. Even if you put these up rusted it'd be a long time before they rusted through to the ammo. If I didn't already have 12 tins of this I'd probably getting some.
Last edited by WeldonHunter on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sgt. Rob

Post by Sgt. Rob »

Good info WeldonHunter, thanks for putting that up. Might need be that I should order at least a can.

Semper Fi, Rob
My Mosin-Nagant arsenal.........is growing again
1938 Tula
1943 Izhevsk M91/30 PU Sniper
dropkick66

Post by dropkick66 »

:good: "Thanks: :dance: :dance: :wave: :wave: :wave: :dance: :dance: :bow: :bravo: :dance: :dance: dance5 :good: :hunter: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :grumpy: sorry i got crazy with the smile faces.. i got all worked up over the prices! damn! i love it. im ordering
****1926 Tula 91/30 hex ex-dragoon ****M59/66A1 SkS
****1929 Izhevsk 91/30 hex ex-dragoon ****1954 type 53
****1931 Izhevsk 91/30 hex ex-dragoon. ****1955 type 53
****1938 Izhevsk 91/30 round ****1954 type 53
****1939 Tula 91/30 round ****1954 type 53
****1940 Izhevsk 91/30 round. *****1945 Izhevsk M44
****1943 Tula 91/30 Ex-Sniper
BostonMike

Post by BostonMike »

Probably won't ship to MA. Nobody does.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
Fred_G

Post by Fred_G »

dropkick66 wrote::good: "Thanks: :dance: :dance: :wave: :wave: :wave: :dance: :dance: :bow: :bravo: :dance: :dance: dance5 :good: :hunter: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :grumpy: sorry i got crazy with the smile faces.. i got all worked up over the prices! damn! i love it. im ordering
Get off my lawn!!!

LOL, WeldonHunter has the ammo deals.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

BostonMike wrote:Probably won't ship to MA. Nobody does.

I don't see why not. I just added a tin to the cart and put this zip in. 02101 for sufolk and did a fake check out and it took it. Give it a try. What can go wrong? They'll say no.
MN Fan

Post by MN Fan »

Wow, MA sounds like it has some pretty crazy antics going on. I was bored and the coffee was hot, so I did some Googling and reading.

It seems that it is perfectly legal to ship ammunition into Massachusetts, but the Attorney General for the State is very anti-gun. His office has contacted the majority of the wholesale suppliers and has threatened legal, civil action against these companies if they do ship to his State. Of course, its legal, but who wants to go broke fighting it? It appears that many of these companies have signed agreements to avoid any hassles. In addition, they are currently trying to pass laws that would require MA residents to pay MA tax on ammunition purchased out of state and brought back into MA.

I also read that there are still a few companies that will ship ammo into MA, but the public remains pretty tight lipped about it to protect their source.

Pretty crazy stuff...
Cocked, locked and ready to rock...
BostonMike

Post by BostonMike »

MN Fan wrote:Wow, MA sounds like it has some pretty crazy antics going on. I was bored and the coffee was hot, so I did some Googling and reading.
Yup. And it's much worse than that.

In order to possess a spent rifle cartridge (or any reloading supplies), you need a firearm license. Otherwise you can be charged with a crime.

Also, I have my 03FFL C&R license. Does that help me acquire c&r guns? Nope. I have to ask every seller on GB if they will ship to a MA c&r holder and most reply no. It's perfectly legal, but nobody wants to do it.

I just ordered a mosin from an online site Tuesday and the order is not processed yet. I'm calling today fully expecting to hear "we can't ship to MA"

And you were right about residents being tight lipped about sites tgat will ship to MA. Nobody on the local forums will volunteer a site out of fear.

But I might just have a buddy who lives in NH order me a can and save myself the hassle. It's what a lot of MA people do. (therefore skipping MA sales tax because NH is sales tax free

I need to move to NH

Fred_G

Post by Fred_G »

Wow BostonMike, I have never heard of such laws. What is a firearms license? Is it like a drivers license, what does it cost? Out of curiosity, do you have any links handy pertaining to those laws? Not that I doubt you, but this might make for some interesting conversation on a more political forum I am on.
BostonMike

Post by BostonMike »

Fred_G wrote:Wow BostonMike, I have never heard of such laws. What is a firearms license? Is it like a drivers license, what does it cost? Out of curiosity, do you have any links handy pertaining to those laws? Not that I doubt you, but this might make for some interesting conversation on a more political forum I am on.
Yes, it's a state issued license. There are varying levels of the license. You need the lowest one to purchase a mosin (considered a low capacity long rifle). This one is easy to get. The application is $100 and you must take a $100 safety course. You apply to your local police via interview and hope they don't find a reason to deny you. Getting a concealed permit is tough. I actually have one of the higher level licenses allowing me to own high capacity (over 10 round) handguns and rifles.

To buy ammo in MA, I must show this license. Some online vendors that ship to MA require it too.

And if you shoot AR-15s like I do too, the laws get even worse regarding banned features on the rifle. (no bayonet lugs and collapsing stocks)

Here's a good forum to read about our crazy laws

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulle ... setts-Laws

desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

While we are on the subject of stupid restrictive state laws,How do we find out which other states have them besides MA and what they are. I know some include ammo and other stuff too. I have applied for C&R license but not received it yet. Does it come with a set of rules too? Thanks, Jolly Green Chopper
Jolly Green Chopper

Good Ammo Deals

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

I have always found Lucky Gunner in Knoxville TN. to have fair prices and good specials . They always send me up dates on a regular basis when a special becomes available. I usually get my order in by UPS very fast and reasonable $$ Check out their new video with the very pretty sales ladies.One is a TV star. Thanks, Jolly Green Chopper
Fred_G

Post by Fred_G »

BostonMike wrote:
Fred_G wrote:Wow BostonMike, I have never heard of such laws. What is a firearms license? Is it like a drivers license, what does it cost? Out of curiosity, do you have any links handy pertaining to those laws? Not that I doubt you, but this might make for some interesting conversation on a more political forum I am on.
Yes, it's a state issued license. There are varying levels of the license. You need the lowest one to purchase a mosin (considered a low capacity long rifle). This one is easy to get. The application is $100 and you must take a $100 safety course. You apply to your local police via interview and hope they don't find a reason to deny you. Getting a concealed permit is tough. I actually have one of the higher level licenses allowing me to own high capacity (over 10 round) handguns and rifles.

To buy ammo in MA, I must show this license. Some online vendors that ship to MA require it too.

And if you shoot AR-15s like I do too, the laws get even worse regarding banned features on the rifle. (no bayonet lugs and collapsing stocks)

Here's a good forum to read about our crazy laws

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulle ... setts-Laws

Good God man! I have never heard of so many gun regulations... :big shock:

I feel for you. Around here, you just need a drivers license, be over 21 for handguns (not sure about longarm age, may be 18) and no major criminal record. You fill out the form, they do the check, you pay and leave. 10mins or less unless you run into an issue. I never have. CCL costs close to $200, you have to take a class, send in a bunch of info, fingerprints and such, and then you get your permit in a couple of months.
Shawnc

Post by Shawnc »

You want gun regulations, check out this Washington Times series Emily Gets Her Gun: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/gun ... s-her-gun/ Will make your head explode. She's a cutie, too. :thumbsup:

Looks like the OP's deal sold out. That was quick.
Food for five years. A thousand gallons of gas. Air filtration. Water filtration. Geiger counter. Bomb shelter...underground goddamn monsters?!