New PU sniper

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
22shooter

New PU sniper

Post by 22shooter »

Well boys, how did I do?

BillImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: New PU sniper

Post by Darryl »

You can never argue with a RGUNS sniper. How you did depends on how much you paid.

These rifle went for $800 (Izhevsk) to $900 (Tula) when they were being sold. Tulas on the higher end. Matching snipers got a premium (if they would do it for you).

I paid $900 for one of my Izhevsk, but it was all matching.

That is a sweet sniper rifle. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Dolk
22shooter

Post by 22shooter »

975 shipped Dolk. Thanks!

A few things for the experienced folks to chew on:
1. Receiver finish and machining is nicer than a standard infantry rifle. But, still roughish and not nice like the ones I have seen pictures of.
2. Cutout at the front of the mount is more round than square.
3. Turret stop pins seem a bit longer than what I've seen pictures of.

This is my first military sniper rifle of any type and my first mosin sniper. I absolutely love it.

Bill

Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Post by Miller Tyme »

R-Guns are considered the Gold Standard by many. $975.00 is a fair price for one IMHO.
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Miller Tyme wrote:R-Guns are considered the Gold Standard by many. $975.00 is a fair price for one IMHO.
++++1
22shooter

Post by 22shooter »

Thanks gents. If anyone wants more pictures I can take more.

Dies and 174 SMKs will be here Tuesday. Ill post up a range report when I get a chance

Bill

22shooter

Post by 22shooter »

Finally got a chance to take the PU out today. I tightened everything down and had her on paper in short order. It was evident while zeroing with PPU match that the rifle has potential.

I tested varget and 4064 under 174 .311 match kings.

43.2 grains of varget printed 2x5 shot groups in what looks to be an inch and maybe less (haven't measured yet)

I couldn't be more thrilled with how well it shoots.

Range report forthcoming.

Bill

m225318440

Post by m225318440 »

Beautiful rifle. I have a r-guns PU as well and I love it. With good ammo they are easily capable of 1 inch groups and sometimes even sub moa. Try to find some of the old Russian match ammo. I have found this to shoot as well as any hand load I ever used which is surprising to say the least.
22shooter

Post by 22shooter »

Normally, I seriously question 1 MOA claims with any surplus rifle. The PU can put 10 shots darn close to it.

Bill

m225318440

Post by m225318440 »

I would say that most claims are indeed bs but I have seen some exceptions including a few Finnish mosins, Pu snipers, and a Swede Mauser.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

m225318440 wrote:I would say that most claims are indeed bs but I have seen some exceptions including a few Finnish mosins, Pu snipers, and a Swede Mauser.
This is with my 43 Tula PU at about 75yds when I was first sighting it in. I shot groups of 5 and checked each time. The numbers next to each hole are from each group. The 5s were the last group. Keep in mind I was just kind of causally doing this and I'm not the best shot. The rifle definitely shoots better then me. The marker in the picture was just for reference.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.