1919 Tula

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
steelbuttplate

1919 Tula

Post by steelbuttplate »

Did anybody else catch this one ? $$$$$$$ Cha- Ching. GB # 738439575
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Shelbygt500

Re: 1919 Tula

Post by Shelbygt500 »

Yeah I seen it posted on one of the Facebook pages.. Insane how much it sold for..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Nope, I have had one for years and am not looking for another.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I had one for a couple of days :bigrant:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

We have sold one of those from the Kevin Carney collection but it didn't bring that much money. But then Yuri doesn't come to WV shows I guess. Plus he works so many hours he probably wouldn't make the trip either. I have had 3 or 4 over the years in my collection with nicer ones coming and lesser ones going. One we sold looked to be maybe a Balkans model? Have no idea how that would happen but I have seen a bunch of Balkans and Bulgarian marked rifle in the very expensive side of Mosins in the last few years and I can't explain that either? Bill :?:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They have the look, the " patina" that is appreciated today, I find this frequently when selling ju....antiques , on eBay. Old and rusty sells. People want the history, and history has to look the part, like it's been in every battle of every war since the day it was made. I always appreciated the well used looking milsurps for their history, I guess others thinking has caught up to mine but difference is I ain't paying a kings ransom for old and worn firearms history or no. If it gets too expensive I am fine with looking at the pictures and letting someone else pile cash on the table for it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
joe7170

Post by joe7170 »

zeebill wrote:We have sold one of those from the Kevin Carney collection but it didn't bring that much money. But then Yuri doesn't come to WV shows I guess. Plus he works so many hours he probably wouldn't make the trip either. I have had 3 or 4 over the years in my collection with nicer ones coming and lesser ones going. One we sold looked to be maybe a Balkans model? Have no idea how that would happen but I have seen a bunch of Balkans and Bulgarian marked rifle in the very expensive side of Mosins in the last few years and I can't explain that either? Bill :?:
The one that Yuri bought was the 1919 with the "big hammer" crest, I guess its the harder one to find of the few variations of that year. Still not $3700 good though...
RIP Kevin Carney. Your always in our hearts.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Somebody comes in here with $3700 cash they are going home with a 1919 Tula.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Somebody comes in here with $3700 cash they are going home with a 1919 Tula.
I'd pay $100.00 just to watch you dig through your vault in the cave to find a '19. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Longcolt44 wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:Somebody comes in here with $3700 cash they are going home with a 1919 Tula.
I'd pay $100.00 just to watch you dig through your vault in the cave to find a '19. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
For a $3620 profit I will clear a block of days and move everything to dig it out.
Theodore Roosevelt
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

I knew when that one listed it would go large. TulaTom and I were thinking $2K-$3K and missed the boat. But, really, it went so large because two guys got into a bidding war. As a seller you dream about this...