NEED INFO MOSIN PU SNIPER

All Military Snipers are discussed here!

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
TheRifleGuy10

NEED INFO MOSIN PU SNIPER

Post by TheRifleGuy10 »

I need help again. This is a tula 44 PU sniper. All matching numbers. Who is the importer? Shouldnt there have been a scope serial on the reciever side crossed out for the original scope? Real collectable original, or re-snipered Ex-sniper? Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
22shooter

Re: NEED INFO MOSIN PU SNIPER

Post by 22shooter »

Interested as well. My reading here indicates that tula pu snipers did not have optic serial numbers on the barrel shank. Does that apply to mount as well? Everything else from the pictures on gunbroker seem legit to my untrained eye. Definitely interested in what the experts have to say.

Bill

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

Looks to be one of the Tulsky snipers. PW Arms brought a bunch in a few years ago but I think there were other importers as well. Izhevsk stamped the number on the side of the barrel shank but Tula generally didn't do that, though there are a few exceptions.
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
TheRifleGuy10

Post by TheRifleGuy10 »

Lotema so its an original pu? No doubt?
Lavitias

Post by Lavitias »

Might be wrong on this but I believe Tulsky are considered real snipers don't quote me on that. But I'm sure someone far more versed in these things will chime in eventually. IN either case wait for the regulars to pipe in. And hopefully Miller chimes in.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Photos are so small, I can't hardly see what is there or not (with my eyes) but, it looks legit and as mentioned it is a Tulsky import sniper. One of the last imports.

Dolk
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

TheRifleGuy10 wrote:Lotema so its an original pu? No doubt?
I have no doubt about my Tulsky! Like Dolk mentioned, they were one of the last known imports from Russia before sanctions cut them off.
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
22shooter

Post by 22shooter »

Anyone on here win the auction for this rifle? I was on the road and couldn't bid

Bill

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk