Dug out of the bargain bin over the holidays

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Chez 98/22. They only made these for about four years before abandoning them for the VZ-23. This one has Chez military acceptance marks and was later sold to the Turks who ground and remarked the front site. Everything on the rifle including stock and handguard match.....except of course, for the bolt. The bore is near perfect with little to no wear and no pitting. It shoots like a champ.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Dug out of the bargain bin over the holidays

Post by millman »

I have one of those in the C series. I also have an extra proper bayonet that I would part with for the right $. PM me if interested.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Bargain Bin?!!!! That's nice Steve. Where did you find it?

Darryl
locomotiveguy

Post by locomotiveguy »

Nice in every direction!
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

dolk wrote:Bargain Bin?!!!! That's nice Steve. Where did you find it?

Darryl
Over the holidays I went exploring some Alabama towns that I had never been to. I found some really interesting shops on the trip. This one came out of a small Pawn and Gun in a town about 100 miles from me. The Alabama folks aren't as proud of some of these old military rifles as the Florida shops are. I am kind of regretting not bargaining for a Norinco SKS that had a $225.00 tag. I could have probably got it for $200.00 OTD.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Pretty good price. Mine was $169 about 8 years ago.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

SA1911a1 wrote:

Darryl
Over the holidays I went exploring some Alabama towns that I had never been to. I found some really interesting shops on the trip. This one came out of a small Pawn and Gun in a town about 100 miles from me. The Alabama folks aren't as proud of some of these old military rifles as the Florida shops are. I am kind of regretting not bargaining for a Norinco SKS that had a $225.00 tag. I could have probably got it for $200.00 OTD.
Gonna have to share these locations with me Steve, can't be greedy and keep them all to yourself!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

SA1911a1 wrote:

Darryl
I wish we had Pawn shops here. That sounds like a lot of fun just going to these places and looking around.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

ffuries wrote:
SA1911a1 wrote:

Darryl
Gonna have to share these locations with me Steve, can't be greedy and keep them all to yourself!
This one came from Chipley Pawn and Gun. (raiding in your back yard)

I found good shops in Andalusia, Enterprise, and Opp.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Brake Weight

Post by Brake Weight »

SA1911a1 wrote: This one came from Chipley Pawn and Gun. (raiding in your back yard)

Andalusia, Enterprise, and Opp. The best parts of Lower Alabama. I’ve worked with many of them over the years and enjoyed the colorful stories. God Bless them.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Brake Weight wrote:
SA1911a1 wrote: This one came from Chipley Pawn and Gun. (raiding in your back yard)

Andalusia, Enterprise, and Opp. The best parts of Lower Alabama. I’ve worked with many of them over the years and enjoyed the colorful stories. God Bless them.
I really liked those communities and people as well. I could see myself living there. I like Dothan as well, but it is a little too busy for my tastes.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

wow nice
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)