трехлинейная винтовка

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Mosin_Shooter1891

трехлинейная винтовка

Post by Mosin_Shooter1891 »

Hello everyone. This is my first post thank you for having me here. I love three-line rifles and here is my own:

I have all things ready to engage in combat:

Unlike what some may do here, in spirit of original rifle, I use mine for purposes of defensive shooting. I do not see it as only a hunting rifle like the modern people do. I keep it loaded and ready at all times to destroy the enemy if need be. Some want to choose modern rifle such as AR or Kalashnikov, but I have used my three line rifle for years and know how to shoot it well and operate it smoothly and with haste. I do not feel unarmed.

Thank you and pleasure to be here to celebrate fine rifle Mosin.

Earl
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: трехлинейная винтовка

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Some hunt with a three line rifle, they are in the minority, most simply collect them or target shoot with them. There are better choices for a hunting rifle. Nice looking 1891/30, like any military rifle the times may have moved past it but that doesn't mean it stopped being able to kill the most dangerous game of all. My flintlock muskets may be considered ancient and very old fashioned, something found in museums and old paintings from the American revolution 240 years ago. Be that as it may, if I shot someone in the face with them they would still be just as dead as if I used a modern military black rifle. As with any weapon, it's not the rifle, or the sword, or the knife, it's the skill of the one who wields it.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Mosin_Shooter1891

Thank you my friend. In my region many use three line rifles for the hunting of game such as deers and boar. I have taken a boar with one of my carbines. It produced an excellent effect on the target boar. I practice with my rifle to load it with the clips very smoothly, working the bolt hastily, and making good shots out to 300m. I firmly believe I can protect myself with it.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Where is your region?
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Mosin_Shooter1891

millman wrote:Where is your region?
Mississippi river area, though I know live in the Mojave desert area.
Mosin_Shooter1891

I live in the Mojave right now but came from Missouri where the Mosin was used often, including by me. I now use it for defensive purposes as was original intent.
Mosin_Shooter1891

Hello everyone. I forgot to say this was made in factory Tula in year 1939. I quite like the dapper star. It has smooth sharp bore with little wear and shoots true. It is a reliable and unfailing combat weapon.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You are originally from Russia or one of the former Soviet republics?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Welcome!

I also use mine to defend my home from those dangerous, invading, Nazi paper plates at my range. The fear me.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Mosin_Shooter1891 wrote:Hello everyone. I forgot to say this was made in factory Tula in year 1939. I quite like the dapper star. It has smooth sharp bore with little wear and shoots true. It is a reliable and unfailing combat weapon.
I've had 6 '39 Tula 91/30's , still have 3 of them, it was a very good year, all excellent rifles.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
AMCHornet

Post by AMCHornet »

You are not alone. One of mine is always ready to go. Not loaded, but stored with a couple clips of 203gr. soft point ammo next to it.

Not the best idea for home defense unless some bastard is trying to shoot your house from 50+ yards away and your home defense shotgun or pistol can't reach out that far, but sometimes you just need a full-power rifle and the Mosin-Nagant is as good as any.

I also have horses and live the woods where 1200 pound rutting Bull Elk with bad attitudes come right up to my front door along with their predators: Mountain Lions, Gray Wolves, and Black Bears. They usually run when I turn the light on and don't generally mess with people or the horses, but it's good to know I have a rifle handy that could take them down if I had to.
I'm just here for the free coffee mug and tee shirt. :vcool:
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

AMCHornet wrote:You are not alone. One of mine is always ready to go. Not loaded, but stored with a couple clips of 203gr. soft point ammo next to it.

Not the best idea for home defense unless some bastard is trying to shoot your house from 50+ yards away and your home defense shotgun or pistol can't reach out that far, but sometimes you just need a full-power rifle and the Mosin-Nagant is as good as any.

I also have horses and live the woods where 1200 pound rutting Bull Elk with bad attitudes come right up to my front door along with their predators: Mountain Lions, Gray Wolves, and Black Bears. They usually run when I turn the light on and don't generally mess with people or the horses, but it's good to know I have a rifle handy that could take them down if I had to.
Lions and Tigers and Bears, OH MY

We don't have any critters that can't be dealt with with a broom handle.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Balderdash Steve, you have Fla. panthers, Desoto Hawgs, Fla. gators, Fla. meth zombie, your gonna have to get out more.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Lavitias

Post by Lavitias »

SA1911a1 wrote:
Lions and Tigers and Bears, OH MY

We don't have any critters that can't be dealt with with a broom handle.
:chuckles: That made me think of Forest Gump for some reason.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

steelbuttplate wrote:Balderdash Steve, you have Fla. panthers, Desoto Hawgs, Fla. gators, Fla. meth zombie, your gonna have to get out more.
Like I said, nothing you can't deal with with a broom handle, well maybe except for the redbugs and mouse-key-toes.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

steelbuttplate wrote:Balderdash Steve, you have Fla. panthers, Desoto Hawgs, Fla. gators, Fla. meth zombie, your gonna have to get out more.
Haven't had any gator, panther, or meth head zombie issues in our Florida neighborhood. Occasionally there is a coyote, or bear sighting on the back perimeter of the subdivision. We do get racoon, opossum, snakes, and occasionally rabbits and turtles!

A broom handle or leaf blower will run the opossums and racoons off. Snakes a bucket and rake and back to the bayou. Unless it's a moccasin then it's the machete on the end of a broom handle. They are nasty tempered little SOB's.

The other pests can't run then off with anything that can be construed as a weapon. They'll get their panties in a wad, and call the police. Those kind would be the solicitors!

Plus all the crawly things and other bugs.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Brake Weight

трехлинейная винтовка

Post by Brake Weight »

12g with a 5 shot side saddle. 4 shells 00 in a 5 shot tube. 3 slugs up and two 00 down on the side. All critters, 2 or 4 legged, can go down. And the wifey can use it, too.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Brake Weight wrote:12g with a 5 shot side saddle. 4 shells 00 in a 5 shot tube. 3 slugs up and two 00 down on the side. All critters, 2 or 4 legged, can go down. And the wifey can use it, too.
I'm not gonna try to get into BrakeWeight's house without an invite.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
AMCHornet

Post by AMCHornet »

millman wrote:
Brake Weight wrote:12g with a 5 shot side saddle. 4 shells 00 in a 5 shot tube. 3 slugs up and two 00 down on the side. All critters, 2 or 4 legged, can go down. And the wifey can use it, too.
Depends on whether or not you want to remodel your torso with several fist-size holes.
I'm just here for the free coffee mug and tee shirt. :vcool:
Brake Weight

Post by Brake Weight »

AMCHornet wrote:
millman wrote:
Depends on whether or not you want to remodel your torso with several fist-size holes.

It’s not that bad. I bought some cheesy MagPul training video to learn how to run a shotgun for about $5 a few years ago. It was directed towards LEO more so than the dad at home. Never watched it until last November when I got bored. The instructors were too ‘over the top’ for me but the mechanics were solid. So I practiced a little in the woods and I’ll be damned. Not really rote memory but I didn’t realize I would be able to throw that much lead on target that fast with a pump. Found a rail and researched a cheap, solid red dot and now the rifled slugs are on target. The 100 yard driveway helps give plenty of time for both of us to contemplate.... LOL.

But I’d say Remington 1100 and 870 were 1&2 best average joe guns. The rest had their quirks that you’d have to work with to be familiar.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln