Norinco M305

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Sonny

Norinco M305

Post by Sonny »

Well this is supposed to be a Chinese clone of a M14 but I've never owned an M14 so I can't say for sure.
The finish is way below our standards but it seems to be built tough.
Tough like a Ukrainian farm girl and weighs just about as much. :lol: Yup she's just under 10 pounds unloaded.This is not a rifle that you want to pack up a mountain on a sheep hunt.
It comes with two mags,a 5 rounder and a 20 rounder pinned to 5,stupid law. :brolleyes: Also has a cleaning kit in the buttstock.The front post looks tall and chunky but hey it works.It took me over two boxes of ammo to get it shooting good.Actually it shoots not to bad. :thumbsup:
They come in either a 22 inch barrel or an 18.6 which is what I Have.
Also picked up 3 battle packs (240 rounds each) of Hirtenberger surplus ammo.I was told not to use the 180grn hunting loads because it could cause damage to the op rod.
Anyways here's a few pics. :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ffuries

Re: Norinco M305

Post by ffuries »

Know nothing about the rifle, but great shooting!
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

ffuries wrote:Know nothing about the rifle, but great shooting!
This guy explains them pretty good.

btw I paid $629 canuck bucks for it.

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxlfENKINMQ[/bbvideo]
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Ask Entropy about these, I believe he had one or worked on one. These were known for metal hardness issues with the bolt , maybe other parts.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
entropy

Post by entropy »

Worked on one. If you just take it to the range a couple times a year, it should be fine. Bolt and receiver issues have cropped up on these with hard use. They are not as tough as a Springfield Armory M1A. It looks like an SA Scout Squad model. I set one of those up for a DM stationed in the sandbox, he picked it up when on leave. Don't know how, but he got it there.

Nice price; for @$500 US , would be a fun range gun! You can't find an SA M1A for that here.

Who ever told you not to use 180 gr. was correct.; stick to 7.62 NATO 147 gr. or 150 gr. commerical or handloads in the 2700 fps range.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

entropy wrote:Worked on one. If you just take it to the range a couple times a year, it should be fine. Bolt and receiver issues have cropped up on these with hard use. They are not as tough as a Springfield Armory M1A. It looks like an SA Scout Squad model. I set one of those up for a DM stationed in the sandbox, he picked it up when on leave. Don't know how, but he got it there.

Nice price; for @$500 US , would be a fun range gun! You can't find an SA M1A for that here.

Who ever told you not to use 180 gr. was correct.; stick to 7.62 NATO 147 gr. or 150 gr. commerical or handloads in the 2700 fps range.
Thanks for the info entropy..I appreciate it.

The Hirtenberger surplus ammo is 147 grain.The stuff I bought is 1990's production so I was told that it's boxer primed.Apparently the ammo produced before 1980 has Berdan primers which is corrosive as I have been told.

Yes I won't lie to you it is a fun range gun. :D

A couple of boxes to sight it in and then several boxes just to go pew pew pew .. :lol: :lol:

It's a fun gun and I'm liking it.. :thumbsup:
entropy

Post by entropy »

:thumbsup: Whatever make of M1A, they are fun to shoot! :D
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Do M1A mags/ parts fit these?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

steelbuttplate wrote:Do M1A mags/ parts fit these?
I would say yes.
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Neat.. :thumbsup: I bought a Polytech M-14s a while back, this is the 22 inch barreled version. I have had no issues with it other than it empties ammo boxes quickly. I just feed it regular plain 7.62 Nato stuff. Some people love them, others detest them.. me, I don't care, it goes.. BANG :chuckles:

Some USGI parts are hit or miss.. some fit, some don"t, sometimes parts can be fitted. I do have several USGI mags that work fine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

I've always had good service with my Norinco products. Nice M1A clones! :thumbsup:
Threadkiller extraordinaire...