Mausers-you all made me do it.

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Greasemonkey

Re: Mausers-you all made me do it.

Post by Greasemonkey »

How rare are the M48BO models, I missed out on a M48BO at the LGS, because of a Henry rifle I wanted more. :oops:
I know they are just sanitized of crest and markings, I have not seen one since.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Thanks desdem. I need to call him. That thing appeared to have the correct floor plate. Not any thing like the other pics here.
I will have to double check the trigger guard and for Serial Numbers. The Receiver is only stamped M48 below the crest.
No A or B. I have a much better idea now.
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I'm not sure on the BO numbers GM I think if the price was right i would a bought it. I have never seen one anywhere that i can remember. I will have to do some checking. There are more M48s and As then the others though as they were starting to use the AKs and SKSs. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I might also add that the yugo K98s are not found much and if at a good price yous hould get those too. I have seen one here and it lasted about 30 seconds and was gone. I think they wanted $300 for it which was a fair price. :D
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

I have not been able to find the BO numbers, not sure there are any. A bo could be a scrubbed model of any of the M48s aand also a scrubbed Yugo K98 or a scrubbed german K. Most were sent to Egypt and albania. I am not sure of if or when we imported guns from these places but i know there are other egyption weapons so i would bet that the BOs here came from egypt. :D
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Des, are these milled bands?
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Yes those are. I think the main one that is stamped that is easy to tell is the rear one. It has beena while since i have seen one though. Those you have are the older ones. :D
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

desdem12 wrote:I have not been able to find the BO numbers, not sure there are any. A bo could be a scrubbed model of any of the M48s aand also a scrubbed Yugo K98 or a scrubbed german K. Most were sent to Egypt and albania. I am not sure of if or when we imported guns from these places but i know there are other egyption weapons so i would bet that the BOs here came from egypt. :D

Thanks for the info :thumbsup: , next time I won't let the allure of those shiny brass receivers cloud my judgement. :bang: It had all the features as what the M48B show, just no crest stamp, it didn't look like the crest was ground off, just not stamped. The only other thing I remember, is everything marked with a 1 in a circle, and the stock, the wood looked dark, about like walnut. I'm sure it was not that oil soaked, just a very dark wood.
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

There is some sentiment that some M48s were assembled from parts and never stamped. These most likely would be of the B variety as these were the last in the line somewhere around late 50s and early 60s for the B and early 60s for BOs made from parts. Here is a good sight for info on all yugo mausers.
http://parallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsfo ... user-Forum :D
lmc8541

Post by lmc8541 »

looks better than when you told me about it today! great find! love the marked Serbian/ Bosnian Relics as I know youo do too!
USMC '85-'89 Weapons Co. 1/5 SSP
Deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his Rifle!
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Thanks LMC, nice meeting you today. Ready for some bacon. Oh what gun to bring, ah I will just bring a bunch. :lol:
Don't make fun of my snake boots. It's the only thing I'm scared to death of. :big shock:
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:Thanks LMC, nice meeting you today. Ready for some bacon. Oh what gun to bring, ah I will just bring a bunch. :lol:
Don't make fun of my snake boots. It's the only thing I'm scared to death of. :big shock:
Imc will make you cook it though! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

OLD OUTLAW wrote:
BuckeyeSgt wrote:Thanks LMC, nice meeting you today. Ready for some bacon. Oh what gun to bring, ah I will just bring a bunch. :lol:
Imc will make you cook it though! :lol: :lol: :lol:
He brought you up in conversation today. Lol hey if he cleans it I will cook it. :D
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Cooking is easy ..dig a hole and throw it in there with some charchol and pineapple and let it cook for a while then pull it out and eat it. :biggrin:
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

desdem12 wrote:Cooking is easy ..dig a hole and throw it in there with some charchol and pineapple and let it cook for a while then pull it out and eat it. :biggrin:
You know how hard it is to dig a hole down here in this rock infested place? That's why we don't have basements. Man, I miss a basement.
Некто кроме нас
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
lmc8541

Post by lmc8541 »

BuckeyeSgt wrote:
desdem12 wrote:Cooking is easy ..dig a hole and throw it in there with some charchol and pineapple and let it cook for a while then pull it out and eat it. :biggrin:
You know how hard it is to dig a hole down here in this rock infested place? That's why we don't have basements. Man, I miss a basement.
that is no joke right there!
USMC '85-'89 Weapons Co. 1/5 SSP
Deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his Rifle!