First mauser. New k98, Help identify where it was used

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Joekopec1

First mauser. New k98, Help identify where it was used

Post by Joekopec1 »

Just picked this guy up this is my first mauser.
If anyone can help identify where this was used that would be great.

I'm thinking Romanian if you have any idea or advice please feel free to share it, would be a great help. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joekopec1

Re: First mauser. New k98, Help identify where it was used

Post by Joekopec1 »

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joekopec1

Post by Joekopec1 »

image.jpg
Joekopec1

Post by Joekopec1 »

Alright after researching the sighthood (that part looks Czech made) i think it's a Czech captured rifle, does this seem accurate? And if so is it somewhat desirable or very common?
target

Post by target »

"Captured" when it comes to these post war used rifles is a very broad term. Many nations were just given stockpiles of these things after the war. Hard to tell exactly where the rifle finally ended up (besides your collection that is).

I would say it's probably in the same price range as a Russian Capture.

Very nice rifle regardless.
Joekopec1

Post by Joekopec1 »

target wrote:"Captured" when it comes to these post war used rifles is a very broad term. Many nations were just given stockpiles of these things after the war. Hard to tell exactly where the rifle finally ended up (besides your collection that is).

I would say it's probably in the same price range as a Russian Capture.

Very nice rifle regardless.
Probably didn't do to bad then, I paid $300 even, and the bore is nice so it should make a decent shooter. nonetheless this one will probably stay in my collection forever
kjohn

Post by kjohn »

Right on!
GOOD RIDDANCE LGR!! If there isn't a gun range in heaven, then I'm going to hell.
Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State. Heinrich Himmler
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Stock is yugo number style. Nice price

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Joekopec1

Post by Joekopec1 »

desdem12 wrote:Stock is yugo number style. Nice price

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Awesome that's good to know, I've seen different styled stock markings but couldn't find the origin of the numbers on that side. Thank you
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Check for numbers in the barrel channel and on the butt by the pistol grip. A lot of times the yugos left the numbers there and renumbered the butt like that is on the bottom left butt. Also the front sight hood is a vz24 hood that someone put on after importation.
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)