Molot Sanctions

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
musketjon

Molot Sanctions

Post by musketjon »

I see today there are a bunch more sanctions against Russian companies or affiliates and Molot is named directly. Maybe I shouldn't be too hasty in selling a couple of my 91/30's. What say you? Is the end really, really, finally in sight?
Jon
Apparently all rifles from the Molot factory are banned from importation.
https://www.treasury.gov/resource-cente ... 70620.aspx
ma96782

Re: Molot Sanctions

Post by ma96782 »

I think the price on any average M91/30 just went up a bit. Not only for the Molot marked ones.

Aloha, Mark
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Only a tiny percentage of the Mosins in country right now came from Russia as a whole or Molot in particular. They are Johnny come lately to the party, the vast bulk of our Mosins here in the USA came from Ukraine, Finland, China, Spain, and the Balkan states plus the ones that were made here and stayed here. By the time Molot got in the game prices were already high and getting higher, this slowed down sales compared to when the Ukrainian hoard was being sold. No matter if Molot is allowed to sell here or not prices aren't going down, they do not have he massive flood of rifles to sell cheap like the Ukrainians did.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

They, or Molot was bankrupt at least 5 years ago.. I don't think sanctions will hurt a company that had gone up for auction in March of this year.

https://secondunited.com/2017/03/04/bre ... -bankrupt/
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017 ... will-sold/
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

musketjon wrote:I see today there are a bunch more sanctions against Russian companies or affiliates and Molot is named directly. Maybe I shouldn't be too hasty in selling a couple of my 91/30's. What say you? Is the end really, really, finally in sight?
Jon
Apparently all rifles from the Molot factory are banned from importation.
https://www.treasury.gov/resource-cente ... 70620.aspx
They have been on the ban list since the Obama Administration put them on because of the Ukraine (or that small section just south ...Crimea???)

But Tulsky is not on the ban list. They imported the last batch of Mosins.

Nothing new.

Dolk
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

No way will we see the flood of rifles like we did up until 5 years ago.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

I think PW ARMS imported most of the Molot Mosins in some time ago. Molot, as far as I could tell, was selling modern guns towards the end anyway. So, I don't think the targeting for sanctions was due to the Mosins they could possibly have left. Just politics and the NWO fanaticism from the west including us... Totally don't understand what Trump is up to other than ensuring that we stay on the wrong side of everything internationally.
ksbanker

Post by ksbanker »

I did grab a Vepr FM-AK-47-11 yesterday after I heard the news. I figure prices will start to climb on all Vepr rifles very soon similar to what happened with Saiga a few years ago.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
~Sir Winston Churchill
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

qz2026 wrote:I think PW ARMS imported most of the Molot Mosins in some time ago. Molot, as far as I could tell, was selling modern guns towards the end anyway. So, I don't think the targeting for sanctions was due to the Mosins they could possibly have left. Just politics and the NWO fanaticism from the west including us... Totally don't understand what Trump is up to other than ensuring that we stay on the wrong side of everything internationally.
As explained, Trump didn't put these sanctions on. They were from the previous Administration because of the Crimea. Trump has not removed them yet because of the political climate. not much gain for him for the battle that would pursue. So, they will remain for a bit. But Molot was not the big importer in this last batch anyway, Tulsky was. But none of this had to do with Mosins. The ban was on Molot because they export a lot of other firearms and other military products. And they are not the only ones on that ban.

This is all old news and has nothing to do with Mosin sales right now. If they wanted them out of Russia to the US right now, they could find a way.

Dolk
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

The "bunch more sanctions" the OP indicated were Obama's sanctions? And the saber rattling on all the Russian borders in Eastern Europe with massive build ups of US equipment and arms is Obama's issue? OK, if you say so Dolk...
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

With Russian screwing around with the free worlds elections, threatening to "target" American aircraft, whispering that they could wipe out our power grid, and generally poking sticks in our eyes, I don't care if I never see another product from the bastards. My access to toys is not worth the cost. Putin is going to continue to be an international gangster until we and our European allies make him stop. He is a greedy sumbitch so I hope sanctions will work, it beats the hell out of war.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

So, what does that mean an all matching Molot M-44 fine bore, wood, and metal is worth now? I hope they keep em all.
:vcool: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Getting a bit Political???

Hey; The Importation of milsurps has slowed to a crawl, damn near stopped entirely. The whole world is a shit storm powder keg & there are idiots running around with lit matches & old Murphy & his law is just itching to see a show.

Let it go people... We are all on the same side here.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

qz2026 wrote:The "bunch more sanctions" the OP indicated were Obama's sanctions? And the saber rattling on all the Russian borders in Eastern Europe with massive build ups of US equipment and arms is Obama's issue? OK, if you say so Dolk...
That is not what I said. You added that. Those sanctions were put on Molot when the last Administrations put on the sanctions on Russia (2014, go look it up) . That is all I said. Please don't add shit to my explanations.

I don't have time for the politics. Don't give a shit why the sanctions were put on. Molot has not been able to export to the US since then. There is nothing NEW about that information. They may have put additional sanctions on Molot, I don't know but if they wanted to export Mosins, Tulsky could do it right now. They are not under any sanctions.

Dolk
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

All ya'll are getting a bit silly right now. This is not a political forum. I can lock this down right now and make it go away.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Molots in the shitter? Well, they were not only selling to us, they were selling to Europe and Australia, probably Canada also. Maybe some of the others blacklisted them also, I don't know. If not then it clearly shows who the largest customer for Mosins has been if they couldn't make it without the US market. I seem to recall that there were some dark suspicions regarding the provenance of some of their stuff. Snipers that looked a little too good and so on.

Cut the political shit, If I can't go off on a five page diatribe outlining just exactly how far down the shitter the country has come and exactly who I hold responsible and why then nobody can. Neither party would fare well and I would have to use the word fuck in many different combinations at least 400 times.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
mproko

Post by mproko »

Rongo wrote:Getting a bit Political???

Hey; The Importation of milsurps has slowed to a crawl, damn near stopped entirely. The whole world is a shit storm powder keg & there are idiots running around with lit matches & old Murphy & his law is just itching to see a show.

Let it go people... We are all on the same side here.

Agreed. A couple of lgs I frequent also don't carry nearly the selection they used to of surplus. "Not that it doesn't sell we can't get it for a good price and harder to come by"
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Surplus is out there if you will pay the price. We got in 10 Mosin 91/30's Tuesday and 5 were hex Tulas. we still have SKS's Enfields and M48 Mausers. Cheap, no but they are available.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
capt14k

Molot Sanctions

Post by capt14k »

A few collections just came up for sale from guys who passed away and a few more are coming to market from guys planning ahead. Not small collections either. At least one collection 3 guys have been selling on gunbroker for over a year now with an average of 10 sales each per week. That's a lot of Milsurps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Hoarders, most of the time that would be a negative thing, but not when it's gun hoarding. A rack full of Mosins beats the hell out of 40,000 old newspapers and jars of vintage urine or worse.
Theodore Roosevelt