Brand new glass!

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Brand new glass!

Post by websterz »

My buddy, who's actually more like family, surprised me with the most awesome gift...a brand new Nikon Prostaff 5 scope. It's a 4.5-18x40, red and green illuminated reticle, BDC. I have it on my PSL with a low profile Kalinka mount so I don't have to deal with the off center scope bullshit. Finally the rifle has glass worth bragging about!! The picture is kinda washed out, I had to adjust the brightness quite a bit to overcome the bright sun in the background.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
Lotema

Re: Brand new glass!

Post by Lotema »

Good looking setup! The Prostaff are some really nice scopes for the money.
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

So, you ain't got the stench of the hospital offen 'ya yet and already you are out playing with new toys.

Congrats! Nice rifle, nice glass.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The sun was glaring off the light colored pickup in the background. Nice scope :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

Took the rifle out to the range today. With a mix of Bulgarian and Albanian light ball we dialed her in at 100 yards throwing a group of just over an inch. Then we went to the 300 yard range and was ringing the 8" gong. I'm pleased...very pleased!! I never even got around to trying the Czech silver tip. I'll save that for a day with no wind. Today we had quartering SW winds gusting to 15mph. She still shot like a dream.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1