What the heck is a matter with me?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
zeebill

What the heck is a matter with me?

Post by zeebill »

I never have liked shorter military carbines much. mainly because I have long arms and can't shoot them comfortably. I now have an entire safe loaded with nothing but shorter carbines??????
I have never been a great fan of none battle military accuracy based competition rifles made for shooting generally hand loads. I now own a Swede based rifle and a Mosin based one??????

Somewhere in the last 5 years I think I have kind lost my direction or maybe my mind? I still love and look for the basic military weapons but all of a sudden I own about $2000 worth of rifles I really never considered owning before? I went out the day after Christmas and shot 300 yards open sight with surplus ammo and shot better than I have ever shot before in my life? I just went and geared up for WW2 reenactment as a basic infantry soldier at 73 years old. Maybe I ought to see a counselor or shrink of some sort? :?: Perplexed and overtaxed maybe old man? Bill
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Re: What the heck is a matter with me?

Post by Darryl »

At 73 years old, you can reenact as a WWII German Soldier in the end of the war. That might fit right in!!!

I love carbines. The distance from the butt to the trigger is the same on a Mosin Carbine as a rifle (91/30). Just the front end gets longer on the rifle is all.

Only rifle too short for me is a damn SKS. I run a butt pad on the end just to add an inch to it. For some reason.
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

As long as you're not talking to the radiators in your house, putting mustard on your chicken parm, or exposing yourself to the mailman your'e probably fine.

I gotta tell ya Bill. I'd be the happiest guy on the planet to make that same post you just made above 17 years from now. Live Long and keep being Bill.
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

As long as you are questioning your sanity, you are probably ok.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
TnBuckeye

Post by TnBuckeye »

Rock on Bill! I want to be like you when I grow up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Dementia? Old, cranky, and losing your marbles like the rest of us? I spent 3 hours searching the facility for a missing S&K boxed socket set last week only to later realize I had put it in the cab of a machine for later use, I did it, couldn't even blame the helpers for that one. Three fuckin hours I ain't getting back. Years ago I wouldn't give the time of day to someone trying to peddle tiny little revolvers, now I own a box full and I am building a shadowbox for one out of an old cigar box. Tastes change, or we just forget what our tastes were and muddle on as best we can, at least you didn't start collecting Barbie dolls, or motel room miniature soaps and crap like that.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

WW2 Infantry? You had the full pack and weapon load on? That's nearly 80 pounds, I take it they had a medical professional on standby?
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
joe7170

Post by joe7170 »

Traveling too much with a certain someone? :crazy.gif:

You can't blame me for any of this, I didn't talk you into any of it :bonk:
RIP Kevin Carney. Your always in our hearts.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Your not getting older, your getting better. I've got some M-44's that are accurate as any 91/30. I can also see the front sights better on the carbines with these damn glasses. The ones I can see best? My M-1 garand and M1A.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
ma96782

Post by ma96782 »

The first step towards recovery is......

Admitting that you have a problem.

Good luck.

Aloha, Mark
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Bill,
This is for you!!

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvT_gqs5ETk[/bbvideo]

Just remember....We're all getting older!!!
joe7170

Post by joe7170 »

dolk wrote:Bill,
This is for you!!

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvT_gqs5ETk[/bbvideo]

Just remember....We're all getting older!!!
:chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:
shoto2758

Post by shoto2758 »

Dolk..that was Funny..uh huh..
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Growing old ain't for the weak at heart, it doesn't so much matter about the mind.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

quote-Mark-Twain-age-is-an-issue-of-mind-over-127.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

Bill I can do you a favor. I will take any Mauser Carbines off your hands as well as those post war M/39's. You don't want them infecting the rest of your fine collection. I'll even drive down there and pick them up and haul them away. You won't have to do any work.

Glad to hear you were feeling good enough to participate in the reenactment. Was this is Reading?

My 93 year old neighbor was out in Reading for the weekend. He had a great time. He still has all his faculties and is in great shape. Still rides a bike even.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
joe7170

Post by joe7170 »

capt14k wrote:Bill I can do you a favor. I will take any Mauser Carbines off your hands as well as those post war M/39's. You don't want them infecting the rest of your fine collection. I'll even drive down there and pick them up and haul them away. You won't have to do any work.

Glad to hear you were feeling good enough to participate in the reenactment. Was this is Reading?

My 93 year old neighbor was out in Reading for the weekend. He had a great time. He still has all his faculties and is in great shape. Still rides a bike even.

We went to Reading and he bought the gear for the re-enactment, he hasn't done it yet :wink:

Bill have mauser carbines? yeah i don't think so :?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Ah, hasn't done it yet, like some people I know who buy all sorts of exercise equipment and never use it. Hey, at least running around in the heat humping 80 pounds of gear in a reenactment is a more fun way to have a heart attack than running on a treadmill.
Theodore Roosevelt
capt14k

Re: RE: Re: What the heck is a matter with me?

Post by capt14k »

joe7170 wrote:
capt14k wrote:Bill I can do you a favor. I will take any Mauser Carbines off your hands as well as those post war M/39's. You don't want them infecting the rest of your fine collection. I'll even drive down there and pick them up and haul them away. You won't have to do any work.

We went to Reading and he bought the gear for the re-enactment, he hasn't done it yet :wink:

Bill have mauser carbines? yeah i don't think so :?
Well he is half way there. I figured the Mausers were a shot in the dark but you never know what could be hiding in the back. If not I will be happy to take away those pesky post war M/39s.

Pahtu

Post by Pahtu »

Yeah, I take a look at many of the must have items in the safe.....then see the cool to have things in the safe....then see why did I buy these things in the safe.....then I get pissed because I can't close the door on the safe(s), then I begin to wonder do I need all this s***.....heh, heh....the answer is no I don't.....but I won't get rid of it cheap & the coolest gun show I have ever gone to is when I open the.....safe.

Pahtu.
I do not always fire a rifle, but when I do....it is a Mosin I choose..... 8-)