Tula 1942 91/30

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Cantara

Tula 1942 91/30

Post by Cantara »

Hi all! I'm new on the forum, presenting my 1st Mosin Nagant. Tula 90/31 from 1942. Bore looks excellent, with bayonet numbers matching. Love to hear what y'all think of it :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Cantara on Sat May 20, 2017 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cantara

Re: Tula 1942 91/30

Post by Cantara »

Here the bayonet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

Has some interesting refurb marks. Havent seen the 8 8 mark before. But I'm a relative newbie myself.
4.png
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

I like it. Pre-war stock, and no billboard import mark. :thumbsup:
Cantara

Post by Cantara »

The Bayonet
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

Welcome.

Interesting rifle. 1942 Tula, refurbished, but the condition of the stock and the lack of an import mark makes me wonder if this might be a Romanian aid rifle. Unusual to have the matching bayonet still with it.

I'll leave answers to wiser/more experienced collectors. Great first Mosin, though! :thumbsup:
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

Very nice. 42 Tulas aren't nearly as common as one would think.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

Nice find, and great looking Tula. I haven't stumbled across a Tula yet, but when I do... :)
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

racerguy00 wrote:Very nice. 42 Tulas aren't nearly as common as one would think.
Yep , what he said. Somewhat rare and those aren't 8's. I really dont know, I believe there is a cyrillic letter looks like that. The higher power of the forum will have some input. :thumbsup: I'm guessing that was the 107th rifle made that yr. at Tula. The smallest circled mark looks like a Ural/ Volga refurb mark sort of, but they were octagonal .
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Cantara

Post by Cantara »

Thanks for the nice and interesting comments!! Would be cool to find out more about the '8 8' marks and the possibility off this being a Romanian 'aid rifle'. HJ
Cantara

Post by Cantara »

Just took it to the range, and it shoots perfectly :-)
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Hello???? Jim, Millman, Dolk, NL Mosin, Zeebill????? Is anyone there :vconfused: The marks.....What do they mean?
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
joe7170

Post by joe7170 »

steelbuttplate wrote:Hello???? Jim, Millman, Dolk, NL Mosin, Zeebill????? Is anyone there :vconfused: The marks.....What do they mean?

While these members may have about everything under the sun, they do not come with translations of markings. I know zeebill does good to remember what safe what is in :chuckles:

I do have to say I recently sold a 42 tula at knob creek, and I don't recall anything unusual about it, matter of fact it was pretty bland to be honest. The guy that bought it did seem happy as a clam to have it though :D
RIP Kevin Carney. Your always in our hearts.
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

steelbuttplate wrote:Hello???? Jim, Millman, Dolk, NL Mosin, Zeebill?????
......................................:pointup:
You have to remove me from that group! I'm not in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen!!!
:lol:
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Somebody on here knows , there just not telling. Capt. 14K ?
Cantara

Post by Cantara »

steelbuttplate wrote:Somebody on here knows , there just not telling. Capt. 14K ?
:roll: Getting quite curious now, does anyone know what the marks mean? :)
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

With some of the markings, you can make up your own meaning, cause nobody else knows either.
I like your new rifle! Congrats!
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

:pointup:

There's probably more unknown stamps than there are definitively known ones. Even ones that were thought to be known have been proven to be something else later on (like /1\ being a DDR stamp).

Good looking Tula though, hopefully it shoots as good as it looks! :thumbsup:
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
Cantara

Post by Cantara »

Lotema wrote::pointup:

Good looking Tula though, hopefully it shoots as good as it looks! :thumbsup:
Thanks! It does 8-)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

steelbuttplate wrote:Hello???? Jim, Millman, Dolk, NL Mosin, Zeebill????? Is anyone there :vconfused: The marks.....What do they mean?
I do have the latest book with many markings explained in it, but they were mostly markings related to particular arsenals, these look like basic inspection stamps. These would have had official meaning only inside the repair facility were the work was done, another facility would have it's own markings. These just allow whoever does the final inspection to know what was checked along the way, every milsurp has them, they mean nothing once the rifle is sent into the field.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt