CZ82

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

CZ82

Post by Darryl »

My CZ82. I absolutely love this pistol. It is so smooth on the trigger and it just feels good in my hand.
This was last year Christmas present.

Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: CZ82

Post by Longcolt44 »

I love those Makarov style guns. As I've said befroe I have it's cousin a PA-63 that is my everyday carry gun. I have been eyeing those '82's recently as I believe they are not as hard on the hand as a PA-63.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Nice pistol. I wonder how these compare to the Polish P64 that J&G Sales is running a sweet deal on?
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

bunkysdad wrote:Nice pistol. I wonder howcthese compare to the Polish P64 that J&G Sales is running a sweet deal on?
I don't know... But I'm thinking of getting one of the P64's soon. They look fun. 8-)

I'm thinking of getting mine from Aim. J&G offers only 1 magazine at that price & a second mag is another $20. Aim offers two mags with theirs & I've always had good luck with them.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Good idea Ron. I'd rather get the extra mag too. I'm like LC, I have the PA63 and I love it. For such a small pistol with no adjustable sights, the accuracy is surprising. I really like the Mak round.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Silverbear hollowpoints are great in 9x18. 8-)

Cheap defense rounds.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Dolk, Your CZ-82 looks fresh off the assembly line. 8-)

Stellar!!!

"Dang that entropy"
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Rongoman wrote:Dolk, Your CZ-82 looks fresh off the assembly line. 8-)

Stellar!!!
Yah, I got really lucky, my son got it for me for Christmas and he didn't even pay the hand pick! :D

I want one of those P64's also. How can you go wrong for that price!

Dolk
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

dolk wrote:
Rongoman wrote:Dolk, Your CZ-82 looks fresh off the assembly line. 8-)

Stellar!!!
Yah, I got really lucky, my son got it for me for Christmas and he didn't even pay the hand pick! :D

I want one of those P64's also. How can you go wrong for that price!

Dolk
you can't go wrong. I'm really thinking of ordering one this week. Payday ya know... ;)

"Dang that entropy"
lonesome

Post by lonesome »

Love my CZ-82 as well. Best shooting pistol I own, although my PA-63 comes in a close second. Wish I had a picture of mine with the custom grips I bought for it, but I guess I don't anymore.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lonesome

Post by lonesome »

Longcolt44 wrote:I love those Makarov style guns. As I've said befroe I have it's cousin a PA-63 that is my everyday carry gun. I have been eyeing those '82's recently as I believe they are not as hard on the hand as a PA-63.
When I first got my PA-63, I referred to it as a "hand stinger," so the 2nd and 3rd time I took it out, I wore gloves with it. After that, though, I got used to the recoil and it didn't bother me anymore. I think if you shoot them enough, you sort of become immune to it.
ParrotHead

Post by ParrotHead »

Love my 82. Used it for my CCW class.

1942 VKT M39 [1905]
1944 Tikka 91/30 [1915]
1940 Tikka M91 [1897]
1940 Tula [SA] 91/30
1935 Tula 91/30
1937 Tula 91/30
1928 5 line ex-Dragoon
1939 Izhevsk 91/30
1942 Izhevsk 91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
Eddystone M1917 Enfield
1943 Shirley Enfield No 4 MK 1
1939 ERMA K98k
1944 Swiss K-31
1939 M1895 Nagant
CZ82

Noble Sniper

Post by Noble Sniper »

Sweet ;)
•"Was there ever a people whose leaders were as truly their enemies as this one?"
- Ernest Hemingway, For Whom the Bell Tolls

"....from my cold dead hands:
President Charleton Heston

"Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !! "
Dr. Strangelove
polymerase2

Post by polymerase2 »

I have sereral pistols, and the one I like the most to shoot is the CZ82. It is comfortable and accurate. It has a lot of holster wear but I have resisted the urge to refinish it. BE CAREFUL of spray gun cleaners, some of the solvents will melt the handles. I had to order a new pair from CZ USA. The CZ83 handles will fit with a little adjustment sanding for the safety. I am having some trouble feeding the Silverbear hollowpoints. Has anyone tried the Hornady?
We have met the enemy and he is us.
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

ParrotHead wrote:Love my 82. Used it for my CCW class.
Me too. Now I just have to get off my duff and get the forms sent in. :wink:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
Ranger1968

Post by Ranger1968 »

bunkysdad wrote:Nice pistol. I wonder how these compare to the Polish P64 that J&G Sales is running a sweet deal on?

They are night and day; the P-64 is a nicely made pistol, but it's not that nice to shoot; the sights are very small and hard to index, the double action trigger is a whopping 24 lbs or so (to put it into perspective, the average double action revolver trigger is around 12 lbs, and the average trigger on something like a Glock 17 or a springfield XD is in the 5-8 lb range) , and the ergos are such that the felt recoil is actively unpleasant....Its a nice little gun for the collection (I have one), but as a carry or shooting gun, they are not so great.

The CZ-82, on the other hand, has good sights, a great trigger in both double and single action, ambidextrous controls, a lot less felt recoil, and the grip feels though they poured it into your hand, it's that smooth and natural feeling ....

Right now SOG has 82's from $189; I would go the extra $10 for the hand pick, I did with both of mine, and they came in excellent condition, well worth the extra money. 8-)