1907 carbines

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
mitch5690

1907 carbines

Post by mitch5690 »

My and my fathers 1907s

redspoon

Re: 1907 carbines

Post by redspoon »

Awesome Grails, Would love to hear the backstory on these. :hubba:
mitch5690

Post by mitch5690 »

Well the 1912 is mine. I got it about two years ago. Someone posted on the MN forum on Facebook asking what this random mosin they bought from a buddy at work was. They got it cheap and forgot about it under his bed. Well behold it's a 1907 carbine missing a hand gaurd.

After much negotiation and a hefty profit on his part I got the rifle. A member of the MN community (who wishes not to be named) had a few hand gaurds and stocks made up that ended up going to a few members with 1907 restoration projects. A few months after the fact I got a message that he had one more hand gaurd and well her she is

The second one is all matching numbers and even the small parts are all bow and arrow marked. It's duffle cut.

This one showed up about a year ago after some lucky bastard found it for 100 bucks. Yes that's 100 dollars and a pawn shop. The local Cossack queen, I mean pet my mosins bought it and had it for awhile. Which she's in the middle of a huge gun purchase from one of the more established members of gunboards.
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

Hmm, I only have two guesses who that is. One sticks out. It's amazing that people luck into the rare ones like they do. I remember when the one carbine was posted by the owner. "Pm me" and "Pm sent" ruled the discussion. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Mosin Fanboy
mitch5690

Post by mitch5690 »

Lol!
Pahtu

Post by Pahtu »

I had a sportered example in my grubby mitt's several years ago, found at a big reno gunshow....appeared to be in a Fajen walnut sporter stock....bolt matched the barrel...200 bucks was too much for my meager wallet at the time...I passed,,,did not know what the gun was.....

Great carbines! Wished I had one! Especially the one that got away!

Rare, rare, rare....!

Pahtu.
I do not always fire a rifle, but when I do....it is a Mosin I choose..... 8-)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :Drool1: Great pieces of history! Hard enough to find one let alone to have two like that.
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Beautiful! Ran into one at a show up here, but the guy wasn't looking to sell. Stock was dried out and cracked badly in multiple areas, but it was still cool to check one out up close.

Congrats!
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

Nice pair! Thanks for sharing.
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Very cool. Love to have one but way out of my league