New England Westinghouse (Possibly un-issued)

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
zeebill

Re: New England Westinghouse (Possibly un-issued)

Post by zeebill »

Walt_Mauser wrote:For clarification purpose, or to clear up confusion: The NEW rifle I purchased on Friday, 2/3/17 at auction, is not for sale! I've been receiving hackles about a $5200 sale price. There must be another thread or post titled the same as mine: "New England Westinghouse, (possibly un-issued)", in which the author is offering his rifle for sale. Please differentiate my rifle from his. I collect. I'm not a dealer! It took me ten years to find this rifle. The only way I would ever part with this rifle, (note: I didn't say sell, as I may give it away), is if, and when, I acquire a finer example! (Not very likely in the remainder of my life!)

"I spent most of my money or women, alcohol and drugs. The rest I just wasted!"
Rest assured I did not get my rifles mixed up and nothing I said (which was little or nothing) was directed in anyway to you, or your fine rifle! I congratulate you on finding it and I too would not separate myself from it either and agree that a better one is not likely to come along in any man's lifetime. It is and should be a well cherished keeper! Congrats again!

Again I said nothing but was merely sharing my laugh with others on something someone other than Joe said! No harm done there I would say. Bill :lol:

PS matter of fact Joe never commented at all about this post JYD
mitch5690

Post by mitch5690 »

The other rifle is a mint meridian trials rifle. Kinda a different beast.
mitch5690

Post by mitch5690 »

Kinda a big shuffle of rare guns going on right now. Involving original match dragoon/cossack... The selling of a matching 1907 and that Westinghouse.

BTW pics of a matching 1907 to come :Drool1:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

zeebill wrote:
Walt_Mauser wrote:For clarification purpose, or to clear up confusion: The NEW rifle I purchased on Friday, 2/3/17 at auction, is not for sale! I've been receiving hackles about a $5200 sale price. There must be another thread or post titled the same as mine: "New England Westinghouse, (possibly un-issued)", in which the author is offering his rifle for sale. Please differentiate my rifle from his. I collect. I'm not a dealer! It took me ten years to find this rifle. The only way I would ever part with this rifle, (note: I didn't say sell, as I may give it away), is if, and when, I acquire a finer example! (Not very likely in the remainder of my life!)

"I spent most of my money or women, alcohol and drugs. The rest I just wasted!"
Rest assured I did not get my rifles mixed up and nothing I said (which was little or nothing) was directed in anyway to you, or your fine rifle! I congratulate you on finding it and I too would not separate myself from it either and agree that a better one is not likely to come along in any man's lifetime. It is and should be a well cherished keeper! Congrats again!

Again I said nothing but was merely sharing my laugh with others on something someone other than Joe said! No harm done there I would say. Bill :lol:

PS matter of fact Joe never commented at all about this post JYD
You realize then that just leaves you to take the full brunt of the wrath when that rifles seller notices your comments, of well, It's time they changed the picture on the milk carton again anyway.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Heavy Metal 1

Post by Heavy Metal 1 »

You have the last two digits of the s/n cryptically xx out in your text write up, but the full s/n is shown in your pictures. That is one cherry rifle. Nice grab.
I'm made of metal, my circuits gleem, I am perpetual, I keep the country clean.
joe7170

Post by joe7170 »

How did i get involved in this JYD? :soapbox:

Besides with seller of the 5200 NEW there's no love lost between her, bill, or a bunch of posters on the internet, but that is a story for another day, that i want nothing to do with!
RIP Kevin Carney. Your always in our hearts.