1918 91/30 exdragoon MO marked

"Special", rarer, and "hard to find" Mosins

For your browsing pleasure.
racerguy00

1918 91/30 exdragoon MO marked

Post by racerguy00 »

A friend of mine originally picked up this exdragoon 91/30 and I was able to trade for it. It's an oddball and a rare one. 1918 dated Izhevsk ex dragoon 91/30 that was heavily buffed like many MO rifles were then redated. For some reason, when the date was faint or polished off it seems like the person redating them sometimes picked a random year to replace the original. I've seen a few 1933 dates added to rifles that were obviously not manufactured in 33, and also some 1943 and 1944 dates added the same way. These seem to.have been stamped at the same time as the second MO date to me. The receiver is also a 1918 dated receiver and the original 1918 barrel date is still visible.

Otherwise the rifle is a typical refurb sitting in a postwar stock and with the typical force matched parts. The bore is decent too. All and all a really uncommon/rare 91/30.

Discussion Section

Discussion Section
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.