Finn M24 "Lotta" #4

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Finn M24 "Lotta" #4

Post by Darryl »

My only M24. It has been refurbished, and this rifle was owned by , well lets say another forum owner V.

“Lottakivaari” or “Lotta’s rifle", 1896 Tula Receiver, Bohler-Stahl Stepped Barrel, SY mark on barrel, Finnish Sling Wire Swivels

Dolk

Image Image Image

bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Finn M24 "Lotta"

Post by bunkysdad »

I think I just had a heart attack! Dolk, do you shoot this one? You have some nice pieces, and this may be one of my favorites.
martin08

Post by martin08 »

Still on the wish list, for me.

Now, you are making the "wish" feeling grow strong. Very nice rifle, and the first in the line of well-built variations from the Finns. Congrats.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Same as mine except for the light colored stock 8-) 8-) 8-) Nice :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

martin08 wrote:Still on the wish list, for me.

Now, you are making the "wish" feeling grow strong. Very nice rifle, and the first in the line of well-built variations from the Finns. Congrats.
That is my intention, to make the Mosinitis worse! Misery loves company! ;)

Dolk
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Very nice. This is one where I can play too. I'll post some pics tonight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Both are great rifles. Have I played with that M?
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Longcolt44 wrote:Both are great rifles. Have I played with that M?
you haven't shot it, but you fondled it.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Hlavinka

Re: Finn M24 "Lotta" #4

Post by Hlavinka »

Nice Rifles Guys!
Still need a M24... Never saw one in the wild.
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

OH wow I missed this one. I was just going to make a post on a "Lotta" rifle. Here's a few pics of mine :D :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rockcrusher

Post by Rockcrusher »

All nice looking 91/24's, thanks for
sharing. If someone has a KLP or NDS,
please post some pics. RC
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

If I could acquire one of these it would definitely be my holy grail. I see all of the above have the German mfg. Barrels. Didn't they also make these with Sig barrels?

Sent from my Garminfone using Tapatalk
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Yes there are SIG barreled ones.

C. S. Lewis
Izhevsk762

Post by Izhevsk762 »

The M24 is the only major Finn variant I haven't seen out in the wild. :vsad:

Nice M24s you guys.
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

I lucked into mine. I had checked out all the milsurps in the local pawn and gun, and was on my way out the door, when I just happened to spot the Finn sling hangers on a rifle behind the counter. Funny thing about it, was it was marked as a Russian 91/30. $119. They actually had a few refurb 91/30s and they had them priced at $220. I love it when sellers don't know what they have. :D

C. S. Lewis
Izhevsk762

Post by Izhevsk762 »

millman wrote:I lucked into mine. I had checked out all the milsurps in the local pawn and gun, and was on my way out the door, when I just happened to spot the Finn sling hangers on a rifle behind the counter. Funny thing about it, was it was marked as a Russian 91/30. $119. They actually had a few refurb 91/30s and they had them priced at $220. I love it when sellers don't know what they have. :D
Funny enough, that sounds exactly like how I found my "Russian Nagant, $100" that was cleverly disguised as an m28/30.

All of the actual 91/30s and Nagant revolvers were $200 :brolleyes:
The user formerly known as mosinnagantm9130
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

That's because they are so shiny and new looking, not all junky :wink:
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Glad to hear that some of you guys make some great deals. as to the original subject what a nice rifle.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Izhevsk762 wrote:
millman wrote:I lucked into mine. I had checked out all the milsurps in the local pawn and gun, and was on my way out the door, when I just happened to spot the Finn sling hangers on a rifle behind the counter. Funny thing about it, was it was marked as a Russian 91/30. $119. They actually had a few refurb 91/30s and they had them priced at $220. I love it when sellers don't know what they have. :D
Funny enough, that sounds exactly like how I found my "Russian Nagant, $100" that was cleverly disguised as an m28/30.

All of the actual 91/30s and Nagant revolvers were $200 :brolleyes:
I remember that Millman. I had just found mine for a steal-of-a-deal and had just finished explaining to my wife how "uncommon" they were. Then the next day you found yours cheaper than mine and a guy on another forum found his. :big shock: So much for "uncommon" :roll:
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Great looking rifles guys... I'm really feeling the lack of one in my collection just now... :beek:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"