My M1

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Sirex

My M1

Post by Sirex »

Well, I am a Mosin and AK guy, but decided I needed a M1 Garand, at least 1. Treid to do some trades for a .30-06 one with some ammo, but deals fell thru. I ended up getting a shortened "Tanker" Garand in 308. Haven't shot it yet, but the action seems smooth with no binding. I have about 17 clips of ZQ1 ready to shoot whenever I get to the range. Built from my understanding, from a 1944 Springfield Armory receiver.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
entropy

Re: My M1

Post by entropy »

8-) Nice!
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
redhat10

Post by redhat10 »

This one looks pretty nice, love the stock, I see the small front handguard...good...Not all of them operate without some tweaking, so try it with several types of ammo before giving up..The op rod has to be be bent in perfect profile...Hopefully yours will shoot as good as it looks..It should be a lot of fun.. :ugeek:
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Make sure all 8 rounds all all the way back against the En-bloc
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Sirex

Post by Sirex »

Forgot to update. Shot about 200 rds of ZQ1 with no problem. Unlike my other rifles it flings the cases 12 O'clock ahead. My Vepr shoots them off at about 2 O'clock into another zip code. Not used to seeing cases rain right in front.