I'm Back.... now please help me... LOL

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
z31jaime

I'm Back.... now please help me... LOL

Post by z31jaime »

Ok guys so some of you may have been around back when I was having issues with my M38. It was finally fixed and after all the BS I decided to trade it. and I did. I ended up trading it in early 2015 on one of the Facebook gun pages local to me and was done with the Mosin life. Well month after month it kept being sold, and traded over and over again. It traveled up and down the State of Florida. Each person knew less and less about it as they got it. It was funny... it got to the point where people would post it for sale and the Members would tag me in it to educate the seller. I actually started to feel bad seeing it traded and traded over and over again. Well finally 1 seller contacted me in late 2015 and asked If I wanted to buy it back. And gave me a good deal on it. so I got back my same M38... with all the parts I had sold it with, and even ALL the ammo I sold it with. so for almost a year it had been traded and traded and not 1 person had bothered to shoot it.

SO I'm back.

Today my cousin borrowed it and took it to the range. They used up ALL my ammo. so now I'm in need of ammo and to my shock the Spam Cans are out of stock... what happened?

Anyone have a location that I can still source them?
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: I'm Back.... now please help me... LOL

Post by Longcolt44 »

One of our advertisers has spam cans. The only ones I believe, you're not going to be happy with the new pricing. Things have changed in the last year or so.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Fledge

Post by Fledge »

Boomerang M38 :lol: :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Time for you to get into reloading, or get used to paying commercial pricing on any available ammo.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Things change....don't they?

This service is brought to you by http://www.gun-deals.com

7.62 x 54r
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

As you see by the chart, you can buy Wolf zinc plated new ammo about as cheap as milsurp. VG ammo with close to 1000 rounds going thru my Mosins and not one phoot or misfire. Accurate, easy on the bore and not corrosive . Another source to check is wikiarms for ammo prices.:2cents: :2cents:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
z31jaime

Post by z31jaime »

Ok I just confirmed with Buds. They show 20 round boxes of surplus ammo for $6.99 if you order 22 of them its 440 rounds, and they will send a spam can. which would only be $150ish SHIPPED.

880 rounds= a crate with can opener. shipped for $346 insured. Not much but after shipping its $20 cheaper than the ones on the list. Just figured I would share.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Welcome back jaime. I remember your problems well. Lol
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
z31jaime

Post by z31jaime »

Fledge wrote:Boomerang M38 :lol: :thumbsup:

Seriously.
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

z31jaime wrote:Ok I just confirmed with Buds. They show 20 round boxes of surplus ammo for $6.99 if you order 22 of them its 440 rounds, and they will send a spam can. which would only be $150ish SHIPPED.

880 rounds= a crate with can opener. shipped for $346 insured. Not much but after shipping its $20 cheaper than the ones on the list. Just figured I would share.
So, in effect, you pay an extra $46.00 for the crate and opener? I would just order 44 boxes @$300.00.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Gunowner99

Post by Gunowner99 »

Man I hate these higher prices.
z31jaime

Post by z31jaime »

SA1911a1 wrote:
z31jaime wrote:Ok I just confirmed with Buds. They show 20 round boxes of surplus ammo for $6.99 if you order 22 of them its 440 rounds, and they will send a spam can. which would only be $150ish SHIPPED.

So, in effect, you pay an extra $46.00 for the crate and opener? I would just order 44 boxes @$300.00.

the extra $46 is the shipping to my house. I'm guessing that could change based on your location.

440= 22 boxes= spam can and $20ish shipping.
880=44 boxes = crate with can opener and $40ish shipping (2x the ammo 2x the price).
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

That is as good as you are going to find most likely. Welcome back Jaime. I am assuming that your cousin must have reported back that it shoots good. Hence the fact that he cleaned you out. Maybe you and your cousin should go halves on that crate at Buds. If he decides to borrow it again maybe he'll have a better appreciation for other people's ammo! [emoji14]
z31jaime

Post by z31jaime »

bunkysdad wrote:That is as good as you are going to find most likely. Welcome back Jaime. I am assuming that your cousin must have reported back that it shoots good. Hence the fact that he cleaned you out. Maybe you and your cousin should go halves on that crate at Buds. If he decides to borrow it again maybe he'll have a better appreciation for other people's ammo! [emoji14]

He said it was a great shooter. Him and his brother brought back targets with the bulls eyes completely blown out of them so the groups were nice and tight.

Honestly, I told him to use up as much as he wanted. Its all been sitting around for a long time and I didn't realize the ammo had gone up so much. So not really his fault.

We actually probably are going to go half and half on it as he was so impressed with it now he wants one. Although finding a nice M38/M44 is going to be a bit expensive.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Yeah, they can be found for around 275-300 range plus any shipping, tax, or fees involved. You can also get lucky sometimes and find one for a bargain.
Maine 20th

Post by Maine 20th »

SGAmmo Stillwater OK has deals of 25 cents per round before shipping of Yugo surplus in several size lots. Match grade will run 4x or more per round. Now reload but have used them in past. First quality dealer.
capt14k

Re: RE: Re: I'm Back.... now please help me... LOL

Post by capt14k »

Maine 20th wrote:SGAmmo Stillwater OK has deals of 25 cents per round before shipping of Yugo surplus in several size lots. Match grade will run 4x or more per round. Now reload but have used them in past. First quality dealer.
I second SG Ammo. .25/round is a great price for Yugo 8mm Mauser.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Maine 20th

Post by Maine 20th »

Russian rebuilt 7.62x54r by yugo in earlier post not 8mm. Rebuilt in 60's have shot and like, still have some for you know when.