Alexander's Mosin Book

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
zeebill

Re: Alexander's Mosin Book

Post by zeebill »

More is better Alex! I have been nose into that book for over two months now and I am still trying to absorb the information in it. Many questions have been answered by the information in it. Then looking at some of the information makes more questions to be answered yet. Very well done and with many subjects covered and questions answered. I look forward to any other projects you have ahead! Bill
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

You gotta do what works for you. For those that didn't jump on the chance to buy your book; Their loss.

I can only imagine how much of a pain it was handling every order the way you did... A more streamlined process would be beneficial on future endeavors.

Thank you for the effort on this book... I for one greatly appreciate it. :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

I jumped on the chance to buy Alexander's book when he first announced it and I am glad I did. It's a fantastic resource. I also kept the envelope it shipped in, it was just too cool to toss out.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Wife made me toss the shipping envelope. :angry4:

I did take a picture of it though before it hit the round file. :biggrin:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

BubbaDX wrote:I jumped on the chance to buy Alexander's book when he first announced it and I am glad I did. It's a fantastic resource. I also kept the envelope it shipped in, it was just too cool to toss out.
The envelope hit the trash upon arrival at my house. I have bought a lot of stuff from Eastern Europe so the cool factor sailed long ago.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You missed an opportunity there Steve, I bet you could have made some lunch money selling that wrapper to someone here.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:You missed an opportunity there Steve, I bet you could have made some lunch money selling that wrapper to someone here.
Nothing new to me. In the early 70s I got an insider's tip on an IPO of a high-tech that became very, very successful, I mean really successful. I blew it off.... If I had invested $500.00 at that time, I could have been buying Mosins by the container with my loose change. Instead, I bought a boat and a bag of pot.

It is all OK, I believe that a lifetime of construction built character.....
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Could have invested in a fruit company? Oh well, think of all the fun you would have missed not working for a living for the last 40 years.

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNa4EMUWnAc[/bbvideo]
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

spongemonkey wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:You missed an opportunity there Steve, I bet you could have made some lunch money selling that wrapper to someone here.
You want to buy mine? :vconfused:

Not! Its not for sale! :chuckles:
No, I have one already ....you forgot so quickly? Oh, that's not good, you know they say the memory is one of the first things to go, then they find you wandering down the street in your robe and slippers talking to yourself.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I hear they got pills for that now.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I hear they got pills for that now.
They do at that. A husband should always see to the wife's needs. :mrgreen:

"Dang that entropy"
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

spongemonkey wrote:
Rongo wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:I hear they got pills for that now.
They do at that. A husband should always see to the wife's needs. :mrgreen:
True. An unhappy wife makes for an unhappy life! :thumbsup:
I hear that! I try to keep mine happy always... The alternative is not pleasant. <wifemad> :big shock:

"Dang that entropy"