New grips for SP 101 .22

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

New grips for SP 101 .22

Post by millman »

I got these straight from Thailand via fleabay. They took about 3 weeks to arrive, but I think they were worth the wait.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New grips for SP 101 .22

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Thailand? I wonder how they ended up there, nice find. :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

They make them in Thailand and sell them cheap. These were less than half of what the Hogue laminated wood ones cost and nicer. I don't know if they are rosewood or Thai scrub tree.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

I like those grips.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I really like the grips.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Thanks.

C. S. Lewis
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Longcolt44 wrote:I really like the grips.
Agreed. I'm impressed they have what looks to be the Ruger logo on them?

Very Nice. :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Rongo wrote:

He probably bought the little ruger disc from the same Chinese guy Ruger buys them from. I found it interesting that it only had the logo on the one grip. He must have been running low.

C. S. Lewis
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

millman wrote:
Rongo wrote:

He probably bought the little ruger disc from the same Chinese guy Ruger buys them from. I found it interesting that it only had the logo on the one grip. He must have been running low.
I wondered why it only had the one grip logo as well.

Still some very nice grips. :thumbsup:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
tomaustin

Post by tomaustin »

it appears you are dealing in a black market commodity.....the grips may be clean, but the logo is a questionable addition.....please check this with Ruger to avoid any issues...
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

tomaustin wrote:it appears you are dealing in a black market commodity.....the grips may be clean, but the logo is a questionable addition.....please check this with Ruger to avoid any issues...
Yeah, I'll write Ruger a letter.

C. S. Lewis
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

millman wrote:
tomaustin wrote:it appears you are dealing in a black market commodity.....the grips may be clean, but the logo is a questionable addition.....please check this with Ruger to avoid any issues...
Yeah, I'll write Ruger a letter.
I can see you rushing for a pen, watch out for the cat.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

:thumbsup: Those look really good. do they have a good variety for other guns too?
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Lotema wrote::thumbsup: Those look really good. do they have a good variety for other guns too?
Yes they do. Search "jaruwan p" on ebay. or "thailand grips" for whichever model you need.

C. S. Lewis
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

millman wrote:
Lotema wrote::thumbsup: Those look really good. do they have a good variety for other guns too?
Yes they do. Search "jaruwan p" on ebay. or "thailand grips" for whichever model you need.
He's got some very interesting ones for sale! Some of those fancy blue ones are pretty interesting. I like 'em! I'd never put them on one of mine but I like the creativity!
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Lotema wrote:
millman wrote:
He's got some very interesting ones for sale! Some of those fancy blue ones are pretty interesting. I like 'em! I'd never put them on one of mine but I like the creativity!
He has more listed under different seller names too. For instance, mine were ordered from a seller called Bobby A, but the emails he sent were signed jaruwan p. I think I found 5 or 6 different sellers, and I think they are the same guy. If you just search wood grips and not a specific seller, you will see what I mean. The price can't be beat. Hogue laminated wood grips are from $80-$100, but mine which are solid hardwood (maybe teak) were $38 shipped.

C. S. Lewis
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

I took the SP101 out for a spin earlier today. The new grips feel great, and function was 100% with it's new 13lb hammer spring and 8lb trigger spring. I am very pleased.

C. S. Lewis