Range Trip Saturday June 11, 2016

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
BubbaDX

Range Trip Saturday June 11, 2016

Post by BubbaDX »

I spent a couple hours this morning at the local range with a friend. I took a 1954 T53 and my Romanian M1969 trainer rifle. Both shot great. Here is a short video of the T53 in action. I was really hoping to capture the fireball, but it was too much for my cellphone camera to accomplish.

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRmeg-qfQFo[/bbvideo]
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Range Trip Saturday June 11, 2016

Post by Longcolt44 »

Looks to have been fun. How the hell can you shoot through a slit in the wall?
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Longcolt44 wrote:Looks to have been fun. How the hell can you shoot through a slit in the wall?
LOL. Yea the cellphone sitting on the shooting bench did not make for the best video. But I didn't really think about recording it until I had shot 10 or 15 rounds.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Clean the locking lugs on that thing and you won't have to beat it open and shut
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
awalker1829

Post by awalker1829 »

That wood wouldn't last more than a few years out here. Our ramada on the rifle range at the club is all steel. Couple of the ramadas are wood but they'll have to be replaced at some point. Low humidity here causes wood to shrink. You wouldn't have an issue shooting video from our shooting benches on the 100 yard range-they're cast concrete. Looks like a fun time was had.